Advise about Hpv

Sorry to jump on this but I’m a new user and don’t know how to start I chat up :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
Hi, I recently had my smear done and it came back with HPV positive. today I got a call from the nurse to see if I had my results through. I was unsure what this really meant until she told me it was a sexually transmitted virus. I’ve had the same partner for six years. But over Christmas this year I found out he was cheating on me. After going through this with him going back-and-forth, I decided to give it a go and forgive him. I know I’m stupid for giving him another chance!
He told me that he did not sleep with this woman but had oral sex. Now the results have come through it’s opened another can of worms. I’ve had smears since I have been with him and this has never come up before. So now I’m thinking he did have sex with her and he is to blame for this virus. Does this mean he has it and got it from this other woman? As I can’t say, this would just develop on its own? Any advise would be much appreciated x

Hello Sue40 HPV is not a normal STI . Is a virus that most people will have at some point in their lives and will clear without issues but the virus can stay dormant in your body for many years and it won’t come up in a test but it can reactivate after years of dormancy and it will then be detectable in a test. Therefore is impossible for you to know whatever is an infection that you had for years or a new infection.
There is simply no way of knowing.
Take care

1 Like