Advice about holiday after colposcopy

Ive just had my app through for colposcopy. Its 2 days before our holiday Ive been diagnosed with severe dyskariosis after months of abnormal bleeding and discharge. The nurse was supposed to be doing a triple swab looked at my cervix and decided on a smear aswell. This makes me beleive things inside dont look the best. I have rang the hospital and theyve advised to still go for the app and have biopsies done. But come back at a later date for any treatment. Im wondering what kind of after affects do you get from biopsies as i intend to be swimming, walking and the usual stuff u do when on holiday. The hospital receptionist couldnt offer much advise apart from wait untill the app. Im also worried if they find it worse than expected (regarding the results as i think it is) will they want to treat me there and then? Thanks for taking time to read and reply x

Hi Bethan

The advice that I had when I had biopsies was to avoid swimming and baths (take showers instead) for a week afterwards. Clearly not ideal if you are on hols. I shunted my appointment for treatment forward about a month in order to avoid having it right before my holiday, and the consultant was fine with that, well once she had established that I had a good reason and wasnt just going to disappear on her!

I had CIN2 not CIN3, but given that even confirmed cases of cancer don't normally start treatment for a few weeks, I can't see how leaving a LLETZ for CIN3 until after your hols would be a problem. Perhaps put it to them like that, that in case they want to treat on the spot, you'd prefer an appointment after the hols so it can all be got over with in one fell swoop.

Good luck, and have a lovely holiday!

E