Aching joints

Hello Ladies
Hope you are all digging in and getting to where you need to be :slight_smile:
Does anyone suffer from joint/muscle pain since their treatment finished?
I was out shopping with my girls on Saturday and after around 3 hours, thought I was going to keel over as my hips/knees where really really sore and stiff. I’ve noticed that my lower back stiffens up when I’ve been in the same position for a while and although I used to get this before diagnosis, I wouldn’t say that it was something that I used to suffer from.
Even my elbows and wrists feel achy quite often but my hips seem to be the worst.
Anyone???
Px

Hi Pauline its good to hear from you like you I have been having pains in my legs and back I thought it was because I hadnt been getting out and about for a while so my muscles ache when I do.I think it must be normal I have asked other ladies and they said they have suffered the same. I have been going walking every day to try and build my muscles up again as I have noticed pensioners overtaking me lol I hope it settles down for you soon but if it becomes to painful speak to your doctor I find Volterol gel helps. xx

Hi K

Hole you are recovering well. I have taken up yoga to try to flex mysf up a bit but feel like an absolute stiffy lol I'm not saying that I was fit to begin with but I feell as tho I'm 100 after I do anything! 

I've noticed my hips, knees and lower  back just seem to just seize and it makes me look as if I've had a toilet accident when I walk! Was wondering if it was a symlton of menopause or treatment or just me!!

That's good that you're managing to get out walking, they say its the best form of exercise...keep at it and you'll be overtaking everyone in no time. 

Take care x

I have this too (i am 30 and on HRT)

I was told is a side effect of the radiotherapy, to expect stiffness in the hips x

Hi

i suffer with stiff hips as well since my treatment , especially when I've been sitting , I look 90 when I get up !! I'm swimming regularly now so hoping this helps 

Greeni 

I recently started ballet ( im terrible it's hilarious) and finding i have lost a lot of flexibility. I hope I get it back 

Georgie :)

Thanks for the replies ladies, it helps to know that I'm not alone in my growing pains lol My aches actually get worse in my hips, the more I walk!!! I think I just have to be different lol Hopefully the yoga will help and the weather picks up so that I can get out walking more.

Take care 

Px

I too have this. My oncologist believed it to be a side effect of menopause. I'm 29 and had a radical hysterectomy in January then 6 weeks of chemoradiation followed by brachytherapy. I finished treatment 5 Weeks ago, in that time I started going to the gym and signed up to yoga and Pilates. I'm the youngest in the class but look like I'm the eldest with my aching joints and clicking bones. I hope it gets better, otherwise I'll be needing a walking stick / wheelchair before long xx