Abnormal bleeding and pain during intercourse

since January I've had abnormal bleeding and pain during intercourse.  I had my last smear 3 years ago and due one September .  My GP examined me and I have a lump on my cervix and what she described as nodules too.  She said my cervix was very raw Looking.

so here in Scotland we have a 12 week waiting policy and I am at gynae on 30th august but really worried and didn't ask the dr any questions so have no idea what to expect.  my gp is calling m on Thursday this week but just wondered if anyone had experienced similar?

s xxx

Just an update that I spoke to my GP and she said that she has referred me to gynae to get their "thoughts".  She said they will re what she did, but that they will assess what to do next, she also said that if I recwive my screening notice that I have to hold off having it done.  i know that a dr cannot tell whether there is something wrong from simply looking but I wasn't exactly left with a great deal of confidence.  My appointment is on 30th with gynae so it's really just a waiting game.

I'm writing stuff down as im

literally scared out my wits.  My gynae is next week and cannot come quick enough.  My cervix is bulging and the lump that was pea sized has changed and now is swollen.  im two weeks before my period being due and I've had some spotting again this month but only a little.  I can't help but worry, but fingers crossed.

What was wrong?