A rough old week!

Hey ladies, Well im 60% down now. Thank goodness I've been up to my usual tricks of random responses to.the treatment lol. Thought i.would write it down so if anyone else goes through this they will know they are not alone and hopefully not be too alarmed. At the beginnig of the week (Sunday night & the wee hours of Monday a.m.) i started bleeding. I had to get up 3 times to change. By 9am i had changed 5 nighttime pads that were soaked through and i was passing lots of clots (sorry if tmi) some the size of ping pong balls. No pain though.This was very unnerving as ive not had an actual period since sept 2015 and only bled after the biopsy and lletz a while ago. My other half ordered my to phone the hospital so i did. I had to go in to be checked over. They took bloods and kept an eye to make sure i didnt need a transfusion fir the rest of the day. My heamowotsit was down but they were happy with the rest. They let me go home at 5pm and let me have my radiotherapy. Doc thought it was probably caused bybthe tumour shifting in response to the treatment. Woo hoo! Shift u bugger! Shift! By the end of Monday i had gone through 13 nighttime pads. By Tuesday it completely stopped. Random eh? Tuesday i felt quite good so i took my boy and his friend to the local ice cream.parlour after school. All of a sudden i was struck down with the most massive pain. It was like labour pain. I dont know how i drove home but i did. I kicked poor friend out at his mums and barely made it home. My poor boy (8yrs) was beside him self as i crawled through the front door and collapsed on the hall floor. I managed to ring his nana to come get him. My other half found me and rang the hospital. Doc came and gave my ibuprofen, paracetamol and codeine 30mg. This made the pain more bearable. Took some more codiene and it took it off altogether (although my head was very waffy lol) Saw doc on wed a.m. just before chemo, took more bloods and was happy. Chemo went ahead. He said again he thinks it was tumour shifting?? He's also given me an antispasmodic buscupan just in case. The pain is gone now hurrah. Yesterday was spent v sick. Today im looking up...just a lil queasy n v tired. Phew. What a week. Onwards and upwards though!! Here's to a calmer 4th week of treatment ladies. Much love to u all xxxx

Oh Em, I am so sorry you had such a crap week, but so glad that you are feeling the tiniest bit better now.  I hope you are managing to drink tons to rehydrate and eating a little. Crossed fingers that this week is going to be hugely better for you; it's about time you had some luck with this.

Hopefully, that bastard of a tumour is having its arse well and truly kicked. 

You're entering the home straight now baby. Almost two thirds of the way. We're all cheering you on and I'm holding your hand really really tight. 

Sending you huge hugs, cheers, love,  support, karma - everything and anything that can be sent is winging its way to you.

much love, t xxx

Bloody love u T, u always manage to put a smile on my face.

How are u doing? Hope you're still beung a good girl and putting those feet up.

Im drinking more. Lemon juice is the future lol xxx

Cheering you up and onwards is my job you little kipper! I told you, we started together and we will finish together.  We shall proudly march onto the "post-treatment" board together as soon as you have kicked ass!

I am being almost the perfect patient. I did do some weeding which was a mistake - several twinges - so I'm taking it easy still. Walking round the block, napping etc. Got my post-op check up next week. I'm looking at starting yoga because I do like to worry and stress which is no good for anyone. 

Didn't Scoops  or Lozleypez rave about Lemon Barley juice? You're too young to remember, they used to drink that at Wimbledon. Maybe if you knock enough of it back you'll be able to play tennis! We could have a game!

Tons of love baby.  2 more weeks. We are going to have the best summer after all this.  Deck chairs, Sangria, barbeques and sun tans. Oh yeah... 

OMG Emma! What a wretched time you've been having! (((((HUGS)))))

Because I am an odd little bunny I considered making a joke about your roller-coaster ride being more exciting than mine. But then I put my head into where yours probably was and realised that it must have been a truly terrifying experience. So glad to hear that your consultant managed to make appropriate comforting noises. It does sound very much as though your treatment is giving that tumour a right old kicking :-)

Hang in there sweetie!

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli
xxxxx

God I'm so sorry Emma sounds really stressful ! I had one clot the other day but Im on my (last) period 

great news that its likely to be the tumour shifting though ! That seems to make it easier to bare right ? Wow the treatment is potent !!!

i think I feel a bit better now except slept from 8-4 and can't drop back off !!! baby will be up soon anyway I dont doubt !

how are you managing with an 8 year old ! ? How's he doing !? 

Lots of love and here's to the summer after this is done hurrah!!!! Xx

Lol,,i like the idea of a kick ass rollercoaster giving the c what for Tivoli. I dont think till i go live in a hostel i could be more exciting lol. 

I was a bit of a party pooper this wk too. A couple of friends from up in Glasgow said they were coming down to look after me this wk but ive cancelled them. Felt a bit mean but i am fast learning when i feel pants i need to b on my own. I want to be able to sprawl on my sofa and not have to entertain. I will rearrange for after treatment.

Yes, thats my focus. A top notch Summer of fun (& possibly tennis lol). I'm focussing on a possible seaside holiday with my son, better half and his son. There's something so calming about sand and waves. Or maybe uo in the lakes. That would be awesome too. 

How are you Scoops? Are u there? Hope you are being looked after hunni. We're still holding your hand too. xxx

Hi guys! 

Yes I'm here -just had hubby and 2 of our 3 kids here for weekend! So great to see them! Showed them all my Southampton haunts - you know, public toilet after public toilet, Boots, Lloyds and Superdrug, a few cafes with close by loos  !!!

Emma you poor thing - I had clots and bleeding like that pre-diagnosis which finally prompted me to go Dr in the first place. But I agree with the others - this is tumour being battered, for sure,  as the nurses tell me my pre-treatment bleeds may have been nothing to do with CC but polyps or fibroids or even hormones.  Still, hope I don't decorate the hotel bed anytime soon - whoops could be embarrassing not to mention costly!!!!

well 3 weeks done for me, 3 to go, and going good. Had a unit of blood last week at chemo as haemoglobin down slightly, but that was no problem. Diarrhoea just starting, leaving off fruit and baked beans at brekky now. So it's bacon sandwiches and scrambled eggs on toast!

love the sangria, bbq and deck chair plan - that is the vision I'll put in my head to go to sleep with!

Love to you all

Scoops x

Scoops!  So glad to hear from you.  What a treat to have your family visit you and to be half way done.  Well done you!  You and Em are on the home stretch now - I think Henrah may be a tiny bit behind you - which is great.

Huge good wishes that this week goes well for you all. Cheering you all on. 

t xx

Yaaaay Scoops :)

So glad u had company. Haha yes, the loos are our new best friends. I never used to frequent public loos...now i will gladly hug one and down right panic if there are no loos close hahahaha.

Hope ur bloods behave this week hunni.

Big love xxx

Just wanted to say that I hope everyone's treatment is over and done with quick and with as few side effects as mine. 

Recovery has been brilliant for me and I hope you are as lucky x 

Sending you hugs x