6 months post op pain

Hi , I'm six months post radical hysterectomy and have been suffering the last week with period type ache and pain in my lower back and lower abdomen area . 
I no longer have my ovaries or tubes etc and I'm on hrt for early menopause , I'm finding myself needing to sit and rest with a hot water bottle to ease the pain . 
Has anyone else experienced this ? Is this normal ? Surely any healing pains would have passed by now ? Should also add I've still got a catheter due to nerve damage on my bladder . I'd appreciate any advice . 
Xxxx 

1 Like

Hi stacemarie

Im 4mth post op and experience similar, I still have ovaries but it doesnt seem to be linked to my cycle, seems more linked to my becoming more active/resuming normal life and sometimes forgetting I need to sit down and take it easy.

I dont know if what I'm experiencing is normal or something to worry about but wanted to let you know I feel same 

All the best xXx

Hi staciemarie

Just a thought, any chance you might have a urinary tract infection?  You are probably aware that catheters increase the risk for UTIs.  Might be worth getting a urine sample checked out via your GP?  I'm a bit biased and always home in on bladder issues because my RH did a lot of nerve damage to my bladder.  Unfortunately I had chemo-radio not long after my RH which may have put paid to the chances of my bladder making a full recovery - I'm still using catheters.

x