6 MONTHS AFTER LLETZ STILL ABNORMAL AND HPV POSITIVE

Hello all

I was treated for High grade changes by LLetz 6 months ago, I was told at the time they could see cells further up in the canal. It took 6 weeks for my results to come back and was told they had removed all the abnormal cells. I have just had my 6 month smear and within a week received a letter saying i have low grade changes and I am still HPV positive and am being referred straight back to the colposcopy clinic.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Really confused as to how I am still HPV positive when i was told they had removed all abnormal cells

I had cervical erosion in my early 20`s and that was treated by lazer

I`m 48 years old.

Hello. The same happened to me three times and I had to have three treatment. I'm one of those who don't seem able to shed the HPV infection and that means that the cells then can come back despite treatment. The good news is that it can work sometimes after further treatment. I hope you are one of them and that this is just a glitch! I tried a healthy living diet to boost my immune system. Not sure it works but at least makes me feel like I am doing smth!

Hi, I had my 3rd lletz proceedure nearly 4 weeks ago. im struggling to clear the hpv infection too but like oldhand , I'm trying a very healthy lifestyle and I'm hoping that I'm clear at my next check up. Hopefully you'll be clear of hpv soon ! 

Hello again

I`ve got my appointment date, its asking me to bring a urine sample, didn`t have to do this 6 months ago, anyone know why?

Morning all

I`m just back from my colposcopy appointment.

I was manually examined by 2 doctors and had a biopsy taken, wasn`t given a local either so i feel like i`ve been hit by a bus.

I asked what strain of HPV I had and was told they don`t test for specific strains?! I really didnt like that attitude of the doctor at all. So now I have to wait up to 5 weeks for hte biopsy result.

Very very fed up.

Hi, Geneve. That is one thing I will not put up with- a condescending doctor or nurse with an attitude. Maybe they need told or maybe you should try a new doc. I am 49 and my hpv is #18. If you ask them during your pap and hpv test, I bet they will find out the dna genotype for you. More than likely you are 16, 18 or 45. If you have to go in for anymore punch biopsies at another colposcopy, take ibuprofen before you go in. It helps some. Also, I don't have any anxiety meds, but if i did, I would take a pill before I go in for sure! lol 

Hello everyone.I will love to tell every body how my HPV status changed to negative,all thanks to Doctor muthuka, and am now a living witness of it and i think its a shame on me if i don’t share this lovely story with other people infected with this deadly virus,HPV has been ongoing in my family… i lost my husband to HPV, left with me my only daughter, and it is so much pain i have not been able to get over. One day a friend introduced me to a native medical practitioner in Africa. i had a job there to execute so i took time to check out on him.i showed him all my test results. i was already diagnosed with HPV and it was already taking its tone on me. i had spent thousands of dollars so i decided to try him.I was on his dosage for 3 weeks, although i didn’t believe in it, i was just trying it out of frustration, and after 2 weeks, i went for new test and you wont believe that 5 different doctors confirmed it that am negative..it was like a dream, i never believe it has cure..am now negative..i don’t know how to thank this man, i just want to help others in any way i can..have joined many forums and have posted this testimonies and a lot of people has mailed and called this man on phone and after 2 months they all confirmed negative.there’s a native cure for HPV and all with the help of this man,about 49 people have been confirmed negative through me,and they sent mails to thank me after they have been confirmed negative,,this man is real..don’t miss this chance,,HPV is a deadly virus,,get rid of it now. please Email this Good and God sent Man on,drmuthukaherbalhome@gmail.com you can add him on whats-app and also call him on his call phone +2347036143964

Hi. Can I ask have you now cleared the hov virus and are you OK x

Hello have you got your smear result now I hope its OK x

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum after desperately looking for HPV related answers...

I have high risk hpv and can't seem to find a straight answer as to whether or not it is possible to just have it forever?! I'm fairly certain I've had it for years so am concerned about it being persistent. I don't want to go near my boyfriend as I know if he got it then it could increase his chances of getting certain cancers also.

I have low grade dyskariosis and have accepted the idea that this experience is going to go in for some time...but can you clear high risk persistent HPV?