Smear 6 months after lletz come back positive hpv

Hello. I had a smear last November that came back high grade severe cells and positive hpv. I had a colposcopy and lletz at the hospital and told to have another smear for test of cure in 6months. Got my results today and it's says hpv positive and no cells in and told to book another colposcopy. Anyone else had this and do they just look at the cervix as there's no cells, or do I have to have another lletz as the letter doesn't say

1 Like

Hi ? I also got HPV positive no abnormal cells on my test of cure but they just said to come back in 1 year for another smear.

Hi 

I'm in the exact same position as you. High grade cell changes and hpv positive received a lletz treatment, had test of cure in March and its come back with no abnormal cells but hpv positive. I've been invited back to colposcopy too. I can't seem to find the answer. 
It would be great to get some more info on this, I'm hoping it's just caution as I've already had a lletz  that I've been invited back. But it is making me worry too as most people seem to get invited back in a year for another smear. Hopefully we will get some answers 

Good luck and hope everything goes well x

Have you had your colposcopy @Kells I’m still waiting, apparently there’s a waiting list x

Hi
I’m sorry to hear you’re still waiting. Yes I had an appointment think the 9th june.
The colposcopy went fine, they said they weren’t expecting to find anything with already having a lletz treatment but needed to double check with still having hpv. Luckily nothing untoward was found and I’ve gone back to normal recall. I hope you’re ok and not worrying too much it’s the waiting it’s awful I know but stay positive and I hope you’re appointment comes soon. If there is anything else I can help with please feel free to ask me always happy to help if I can this website certainly helps take care! X

Hi,
I have just had my 6 month smear following lletz in January. It was also a colposcopy, so they took the smear and then used the acetic acid. I looked at the screen with the doctor and he said there was no white after the acetic acid. I had abnormal glandular cells so I am hoping the “no white” means I will have a normal smear result! Now for the long wait.

SammiP - was the smear maybe not sufficient to screen as you said “no cells in” and that’s why you need to return so they can get a better sample of cells? Hoping for the best.

I had my colposcopy today and they were all lovely ladies. They saw white after applying the solution, so I had a few punch biopsies taken. Results should be in 2-4 weeks

Hi Sammi p
So pleased to see that you’ve had your appointment, I know you have another wait for results but at least you’re on the right path and hope your results won’t take too long. Fingers crossed and take care! Xx

2 Likes