Post LLETZ treatment check up results

Hey, this is my first time posting about any of this so please forgive if I waffle. I tested HPV positive with low grade abnormal cells after my first smear aged 25. It was a shock and after being discharged from the colposcopy department without treatment, I was back a year later with mid to high grade abnormal cells.

I had LLETZ treatment to remove them this time round and the results were that some cells may have been left behind. Not exactly the news I was hoping for but I was hopeful.

I’ve now had the results from my smear 6 months later and I’m still positive for HPV but they have detected no abnormal cells this time. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this? I’ve searched forums but can’t find anyone who has had the sme results. Though it is better news, I can’t help but still worry about the HPV.

Hi Clairebear
I was on similar journey but now awaiting lletz results. I read on some of the ladies’ experiences that hpv could still be present and it is to our inmune system to clear them. Some went for vaccines, healthy diets and vitamins to boost immune system. As long as there are no cell changes though it should not be a worry but of course it helps to do close monitoring. I do understand that knowing the hpv is still there can inevitably cause the worries…