Second bad smear result after LLETZ

Good evening everyone

I feel so lucky to have found this page. I am currently sat at home going out of my mind following the results of a subsequent smear following LLETZ.

To cut a long story short I will post my journey below. I was wondering if anyone that has been through the same thing could hopefully help to reassure my worried brain! I would also like to know if anyone has had HPV for years without being able to fight it off.

April 2017 - first smear (age 24 1/2)

May 2017 - high grade cell changes 

may 2017 - colonoscopy, biopsys which confirmed the high grade changes. 

June 2017 - LLETZ treatment 

December - 2017 - follow up smear. Showing HPV but low grade changes at most.

signed off to having three yearly smears

jan 2021 - smear showing HPv positive and abnormal cells.

My colonoscopy isn't for another 3 1/2 weeks and I am so worried. I would just like to hear from people that have had the same issue, good or bad. I am so worried of the other issues hpv may cause to other areas of my body, am I being pariniod or is this normal?

thanks in advance xxx  

hey, I had a smear test in November and have been chasing them for my results, just got results over the phone and I've still got hpv, which I can't get rid of and have had for over 3 years, and also have pre cancerous cells again after having a lletz procedure in February 2019. I've got another hospital appointment on 10 February, I'm really worried because the HPV is not going away . Just know you're not on your own going through this and you're not paranoid, I've had the same thoughts. 

Hi ladies

Don't know if this will help but thought I'd share my view/experience.  It's the cervical cells which are the important thing  whereas HPV could be viewed as a sort of flag which indicates to your medical team that you need close monitoring to enable timely treatment of cervical cell abnormalities.  I pre-date HPV screening so it was with a false sense of security that I decided to stop attending for smears (all normal during my 20s, 30s and 40s) when I was 50y - see my back story.  I can understand how knowing one has HPV can cause a lot of anxiety but with hindsight I wish I'd had the opportunity of HPV screening -  I'm pretty sure that had I known I was HPV positive I'd have kept up to date with my smears and would most likely not have ended up with a stage 2 cancer.