6 month smear check up

Hi

Im really looking for some reassurance 

had my smear test last august I knew something was wrong had spoken with the nurse many times explaining my concerns smear test comes back before I had even got the letter the nurse rang me to tell me abnormal cells and hpv positive and would need treatment colposcopy at the hospital. 
appointment was for September went was an awful experience they did the colposcopy and took away the bad cells I was bleeding so much I had to stay until they could stop it, ended up have a very bad infection from all of that. Results were I had CIN 1 2 & 3 that's what the letter stated. 

fast forward the 6 month check up had my smear was so painful (nurse said it shouldn't be) again I explained I know something isn't right letter was sent abnormal cells with High risk hpv ( in September it never said high risk?) I'm booked in to have another colposcopy Monday and I'm just so worried about the whole thing again. 

if you got this far thank you so much for reading 

High risk just means the sort which causes cervical changes. which are very treatable. With regards to cell changes, I have cin2, well I did 3 months ago as have been waiting ages for treatment. Due to have a Lletz tomorrow. They don't usually treat cin1, and sometimes don't with 2.
So cin 2 is really the threshold for treatment: they thought mine were lower risk before but I am hpv positive. The idea is to zap the cells so your body is encouraged to get rid of the virus 

Hi Haley,

Sorry to hear you're having to go through this whole experience again. Please do speak to whoever does your colposcopy tomorrow about the pain you experienced and remind them that you bled a lot last time and are really worried.

You can also use the search feature on the forum to find others who have been through similar experiences.

Good luck for tomorrow. And to you too Rebecca, you have been in my thoughts xx

Hi ladies

thank you so much for replying both of you  means a lot!

feel like I'm driving my family crazy talking to them about it 

just want tomorrow to be over with now!!

good luck for tomorrow Rebecca 

xxx 

I am the same. My poor family and friends must be going nuts :)

Hope it clears 

it's a bugger of a virus 

Hey Rebecca

how did you get on with your appointment?

Xxx

It's was ok 

I had gas and air and was completely inappropriate:) 

nurses were officious.

they told me that they had removed the size of a fingernail and I think that is quite moderate-they said they weren't too worried 

it's day 2 and I have practically no symptoms and feel like a fraud lol

i was quite emotionally upset though. I went to my friend's afterwards and my work gave me leave. 

absolutely recommend gas and air 

so at present, no discharge, minimal pain but not allowed yoga, sex, baths - all my favourite things but feel they might all be possible. Self control is all :) 

Ah I'm so glad they removed what they needed to and your feeling okay!! 

xxx