6 month follow up colposcopy

Hi all,

I had my 3 year Pap in November and got an abnormal result for the first time (ASCUS). Since I'm now over 30, they did a reflex test and found I had HPV 16, which was pretty devastating news. During the colposcopy they did not find any areas that seemed to be abnormal, but took a couple biopsies to be on the safe side. Nothing was found in the biopsy. 

I was advised to do a 6 month follow up colposcopy and that's going to be at the end of this month. I know the chances are very low anything has progressed to anything serious by this point but there's still a chance, and my anxiety is pretty much through the roof. I just needed to vent about it somewhere to people who know how scary going through this whole process is. I'm scared that the extreme anxiety and stress I've had about it the last few months has made things worse :/. You are all a lovely bunch of women that are very supportive to each other, and I've really enjoyed reading this community, as an aside. 

Hey! Chin up. You really don't have any reason to be that stressed! Just go and check it. HPV 16- welcome to the club! We gonna be fine girl!