4 days post op radical hyst

I am day 4 post op.radical hysterectomy including tubes and lymph node removal.stage 1b1 and i am having left hip/thigh ache which started in December,didnt notice it whilst In hospital but started again yesterday. Really worried has anyone else had this? They keep saying it might be muscle related as nothing was showing on scans 20th dec. I dong get pathology results until 14th Feb. Its so worrying as everything has happened so quickly and I wonder just how quick can 1b1 squamous cells which are graded a 3 spread???

Hi Sharon

All of us post hysterectomy have aches and pains in all sorts of places, I'd say yours is probably the most common. I had a sore right hip/thigh and it lasted a few weeks. I mentioned it to the consultant at my follow up and he said they get close to nerves/tendons during the op. It will all pass in time so don't worry, plus your only 4 days post op so are bound to be a swollen and sore around there.

Wishing you a speedy recovery xx

Hi just a quick question I'm due to have abdominal hysterectomy with both fallopian tubes removed I have already had my pre-op week after my consultant  sent me a letter she wants to see me on the 21-02 is this just routine because we've already agreed on hysterectomy so bit confused would appreciate a bit of advice many thanks  xx

Hi Sharon. I had my radical hysterectomy on 5th jan. 1b1 at my results I told them my right thigh was quite numb. They advised it was normal and the feeling should come back.   Was to do Witt working near the nerve.  It’s still numb but at least I know it’s normal.  X