3 week appointment arranged after colposcopy but before results

Hi All, 

First time poster after having read a number of the other forums. Am 29 and had my second smear test in January (slightly delayed thanks to Covid). First smear came back clear but, this one showed high risk HPV and borderline abnormal cells. I then had a colposcopy on the 11th March and had multiple punch biopsies.

At the end of the appointment the colposcopist advised that it did look like there were some high grade changes and that it was likely I'd need treatment. She then explained they were trialling a new system to book in treatments prior to biopsy results to try and speed up treatment processes and that if it wasn't needed they would cancel once the results come in but, to book with reception anyway. I took this at face value and confirmed an appointment for the 1st April, however, now having read the letter they sent to my GP it states that initial findings were Cin3 and they have booked me an appointment with one of their lead consultants.

I don't understand how borderline changes in my first smear can become cin3 in 2 months and am now very worried having read in the information section on this website that if your colposcopist thinks you may have cervical cancer they'll invite you back to the clinic within 2-3 weeks to get your results that this is the situation for me, and there is no "new booking process". Has anyone had a similar experience? 

I know my follow up appointment is in just over 2 weeks but, am so terrified that it's bad news and desperately trying to find some reassurance

Hi 

when did you have your first smear? I don't think you need to be worried about CIN 3, it is not cancer 

CIN3 is not cancer of the cervix, but it is important to treat CIN3 as soon as possible. CIN3 may be referred to as severe dyskaryosis or severe dysplasia. Less commonly,

just take the treatment mostly they will do lletz or leep. 
My colposcopy showed I have HSil and am having lletz treatment on 31st of this month. Let's encourage and support each other . God will be with us 

I had lletz treatment on 15 March they removed abnormal cells I had hpv high grade im terrified I have cancer I had colopscopy done at my appointment also she said I had a small area of abnormal cells which she removed im a nervous wreck waiting for results as I was 2 weeks prior to my appointment 

I had lletz treatment on 15 March they removed abnormal cells I had hpv high grade im terrified I have cancer I had colopscopy done at my appointment also she said I had a small area of abnormal cells which she removed im a nervous wreck waiting for results as I was 2 weeks prior to my appointment