3 month MRI it’s not gone

Hi Ladies

My head is in a spin my 3 month MRI has just shown some response to treatment - it hasn’t gone, I’m in a terrible place now and awaiting more news, can it have spread in this amount of time? I was initially stage 2b feel terrified now and just can’t cope with anymore of this x

I’m so sorry to hear that. 

You will be so scared and worried in this waiting period - I hope your doctors come up with a plan as soon as possible. 

I would think that they would either suggest a) repeat scan in a month to see if the radiation continues to work b) chemotherapy to try to get rid of the remaining tumour c) the possibility of a large surgery 

I don’t know what your doctors will suggest but I wanted to let you know there will be options.

Cara xxx

Thank you Cara for replying to me, I feel so lost and Do hope I have some options xx

Has anyone else had this? im struggling to find any hope x

There will be options - they wont leave you with nothing. The waiting is awful I know. You need another appointment ASAP.

Cara xx

Lots of people have had this situation. Some tumours have just needed a little more time to respond fully. . Others have needed further treatment but have gone on to do very well. Please don't panic. It's not good news but it honestly isn't the end of the road by any means. As Cara says, there are other options. Wait and see what they suggest. You can be sure that whatever they do suggest, there will be some of us that have had it done and can help you through. 

Karen x

Thank you Karen and Cara

I believe it will be discussed at MDT. I just feel shocked as was said during Brachytherapy that things seemed to be going well, my mind is my worse enemy at the moment x

Hey Weepingwillow - Don't be sad!  MRIs only show if a tumor is present, not if it's 'alive.'  My husband has had a 'dead' tumor in his head for six years.  He went through radiation and chemo, and it's still there, but all the cells are dead and not growing.  Can you get a PET scan?  That would show if there is any metabolic activity in the tumor, which is what you would be concerned about.  

From what my docs told me, if there was any remaining tumor after treatment that thye didn't like the looks of they could do a simple hysterectomy (not a radical one) to remove what's left.  When will you hear about next steps?  Please keep us updated, I'll be thinking of you.

Hi Slicknic

Thank you for your message, that is really reassuring and glad your Husband is doing well

I believe I will be discussed at MDT (not sure when) and I see the consultant late this week for more info, I feel so worried as was desperate for good news 

I am so grateful for everyones kindness x

Hi i have replied to your private message xx

Thank you for your reply has really helped me xxx

Hi weeping willow just now seen how ur first appointment went , I just want to send you a big hug and hopefully the doctors will give you an appointment soon so you know where you stand the waiting around for answers is the hardest part , please God everything goes ok for you and you will be back on track before you know it x x

Hi Meme34

Thank you for thinking of me and for everyone’s kindness.

I Saw my consultant and Nurse who are both lovely, the news wasnt what I hoped. My MRI scan shows what appears to be residual tumour even though it has responded and reduced. I will now be having a PET scan and a bioposy under anaesthetic. If as suspected it is still cancer I will be looking hopefully at surgery. It will be discussed at MDT. I was initially devastated and still am disappointed but as always some fabulous ladies on here have provided support and experiences so am preparing myself for the next stage of this journey/nightmare. I can feel the suspect when using the dilators. The consultant mentioned cure so I am focusing on that still x 

I think at first when you get news you wernt expecting you do feel frightened and devastated but that soon turns into you becoming a more determined person than you taught you could ever be , you have a goal and that's to kick cancers ass and you can definitely do it , once they give you a plan of action you will feel much better , your in the right hands between your oncologists and the ladies on here and ur own will power nothing will stop you achieving your end goal , big hugs melissa x x

I just saw how you got on and i’m sorry. 

I hope the PET and biopsy show that you are eligible for the surgery. There are a few of us who have been through it so if it goes ahead you will have all the support you need. 

Cara xxx

Thank you Melissa and Cara.

I just keep thinking at least it is smaller than it started so that has to be something and hopefully if I can have the op it will get rid of the rest - I’m sure it’s much more complex than that but I’m thinking of it as a 2cm (ish) problem now rather than a 7cm problem xx

It's definitely a factor in your favour! It's still shrinking!! We will cheer it on.

Karen 

I am sorry if I have posted in the wrong place had my results today after my 3 month mri and was told the tumour had shrunk and I was being discharged from oncology to surgical who will monitor me scans for 3 months for 2 years and then 6 months to yearly up until 5 years I was not seen by my consultant but a nurse tried asking a number of questions but didn’t get a straight answer I am now worried what my outcome is any help would be appreciated thanks