2nd colposcopy

I had a colposcopy and a biopsy. It took 12 weeks to get the “results” which is not really results it’s just saying I have to go in again as the biopsy has shown abnormal cells and have another colposcopy. Obviously I am completely freaking out as I have not been given any information! I can’t get hold of any one and they have made an appointment for a week later! I am so so scared I have a 3 year old!

Hi Jess,

I don't know where you live but in California, my timeline was sort of like this. End of November had a pap, one week later results came back abnormal, I was referred to a gynecologist for a colposcopy, he didn't have appointments until December 23rd so I anxiously waited almost a month for my colpo the day finally came and the guy told me he was going out in vacation and wouldn't return until January 2nd, so again I waited anxiously 2 weeks for my results sure enough he called promptly January 2nd with the results which showed CIN 1,2, and 3 and we set up an appt January 13th for a LEEP procedure. He said the results of the tissue removed would be available in one week and of course I waited counting the days, and he called promptly in one week. Results showed some residual CIN3 cells so we are going at it again in 2 months after I heal from the first one. 
I am also very nervous as I have a 3 year old son and I feel like I'm in danger of not being there for him. 
abyway i wanted to share my timeline as it sounds like you have been waiting excessively and if I'm dying waiting around 1-2 weeks I cannot imagine the concern of waiting 12 weeks! Time is of the essence in these situations and it sounds like you need a good talk with your doctor about being clear with you and also about not delaying much needed care. 
hope it helps.