28ish years old, CIN1 (worried)

Hi everyone. I'm 28 years old (nearly 29) and from the USA. I had my first pap smear at 20, before I was even sexually active (that started at 21). Naturally, it came back fine. It was a horrible experience however, so I made the irresponsible decision to avoid getting another pap until last month. Embarassed It came back abnormal (LSIL). I was sent for a colposcopy, from which the biopsy results were CIN1. They offered LEEP, but didn't recommend it as I'm "young and healthy" and the changes are low-grade, so they recommend that I have another pap in 6 months. A few things:

1. How bad is it to have CIN1? As in, realistically, how worried should I be at the moment?

2. Is waiting reasonable? A part of me just wants to have the procedure done so I won't have to think about this so much.

3. An HPV test hasn't been done, but I'm just assuming that I have it due to the cell changes. Prior to my pap and biopsy, I went through several outrageously stressful months. Could this have "woken up" the virus if it was dormant, or is it more likely that I contracted the virus recently? I've only had 3 sexual partners, so this is all crazy to me. 

Sounds similar to what I've had:

Normal smear at 25

Abnormal at 28, colposcopy booked as some borderline changes. 

Colposcopy didn't show much change so repeat smear in 6 months.

Abnormal again so colposcopy with biopsy. CIN2 confirmed and had it removed with LLETZ yesterday.

The Dr even said to me yesterday that there wasn't much change to the cells but it would make sense to just removed them as who wants a smear and colposcopy every 6 months!

I believe that CIN1 is so borderline the cells might revert back to normal by themselves. They only really say CIN3 needs to be taken out asap as has the most chance of becoming cancer. Don't forget, it's a cell change that's been noticed before it has become something serious, this is why we have the tests.

I know you're freaking out, I've been worried and stressing for the last year and a half and I know I will be until my next smeatlr results are back! My best advice is to remember that doctors see this all the time, if they're not worried, don't be worried. They've caught some changes and will get it sorted.

Good luck x