25 High grade (Severe) Dyskaryosis & Hpv positive

Hi, this is my first ever post so please bare with me a bit.I

turned 25 last November (2020) and was offered a screening leading up to it but hadn't got round to it because of Covid and having 2 young children (3 and 1).

Fast forward and I had my smear last month and got my results back 3 days ago Hpv positive with high grade (severe) dyskaryosis and am booked in to have colposcopy next week.

Obviously like any normal person am a bit on the freaked out side especially since my age and the fact ivve had the Hpv vaccination you just don't expect it. so I just wanted to hear other people's stories - how old were you when you got abnormal result? How was the colposcopy? What was the outcome (good or bad)

Thanks in advance

Charlotte 

Hiya Charlotte

I think that most women are anxious about all of this. I certainly am. I am 55, but only had one relationship  until 50 and so did he. I know this is a recent infection

I have CIN 2 and my care has been a little slower as I think they prioritise higher level (plus mine seemed initially low level)

I am due a lletz within 4 weeks -my smear was before Christmas and my colp march 4th. That's when the biopsy showed higher grade changes. 

I suspect you will have a lletz too, they might even do it with the colposcopy. That is quite common with what seem more obvious higher grade changes. Its just to get rid quickly and then they are sent for biopsy. I had smaller biopsies called punch biopsies as it was thought mine was CIN 1  

Is there anything in particular you want to ask-not that i'm an expert but I am a bit of an internet nerd