2 Lletz procedures in 1 year with CIN2

Hi…

I’ve just come away from having my 2nd Lletz procedure done in just over a year.

Both smears came back with abnormal cells with a diagnosis of CIN2.

The doctor was a bit shocked that the cells have grown back this quickly and as the same as before.

I had my smear done 2 weeks ago and already been in to have the Lletz done. All of this has got me very worried… waiting now for the results to come back. But more than anything I’m 32 years old, don’t have any children yet but really want them and I’m worried I won’t be able to. Probably worrying over nothing… I have been googling which I know isn’t the best idea.

I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through or is going through the same thing?

I am booked in for my 1st LLETZ on 30th dec.. i am 29 years old and also have no children i have been trying for well over a year with no luck..i feel like having my lletz is going to prevent me from also having children i am very worried...i have read that people do go on to have children after LLETZ but it is my fear also :( xx

Hi. A minority of us have recurring cin. It's not common but happens if despite treatment your immune system can't shift the hpv infection. You'll have a follow up smear in 6 months and if it's bad again, can talk to the team about your wish to have a child. I had three treatments. Between the first and second, I asked the colposcopist if I could try for a child prior to the results of the follow up smear. He gave me the go ahead and as the cells returned, I was monitored closely during pregnancy. It's best to ask. Also if you have had more than one treatment, always ask whether your cervix might be too weak for a pregnancy, so they can follow you through the pregnancy. Good luck.