1b1 - diagnosed this week

Hi there,

I have been reading on here and thought i would post something.

I found out on Monday i have 1b1 cervical cancer - it's all very scary.

I am booked in to have an MRI on Friday but the consultant seemed to think it is confined to the cervix and the scan will hopefully confirm that. I get the results on the 8th April. It should have been on the 1st April but sadly the MDM is at 8am on Friday and my scan is at 10am so they won't have the results in time.

The waiting is the hard part isn't it?

The consultant seemed to suggest i would have to have a hysterectomy, i am fine with that as i had my ovaries and fallopian tubes removed in 2016. Did many of you have a long wait for surgery once you got your treatment plan?

My son is 13 and i worry about telling him but won't do this until i have all the facts.

Thanking you lovely ladies in advance...any help is appreciated!

Claire

I’m in the states so I know it’s different but I was diagnosed on feb 8th and my hysterectomy was today.  The wait is awful.  I drove myself crazy with worry and what if’s.   

Hi Carriet,

All the waiting is so hard, feel better than I have some dates in the diary for the scan and results. I have read that in the UK they have 31 days to start treatment from the day you receive your diagnosis. Fingers crossed this is the case.

Hope you are feeling okay and recover well xx

Hiya

I'm in the UK and surgery was sceduled within two weeks of getting all results back. Although it was postponed a week because I had a virus. 

The waiting is awful and it's a right pain in the arse about the MDT meeting if you just miss one.

When it comes to telling your kids  I've kept it pretty vague. My daughter is older and at university and I've not mentioned cancer to her. Just that I needed a hysterectomy. I don't know if it's the best strategy, but it's less stressful for me. Will explain it to her in detail at some point as I think it's important that she knows the facts. I just couldn't face telling her when I was waiting for results etc.

I've found waiting is less stressful if you keep busy, but it's exhausting and you need rest too. Things will get better when you have a treatment plan and start to move forward. 

xx

the waiting is definitely the worst - especially as you have an "extra" week to wait due to the MDT timing. Try and keep busy, my friends and family were great for that and I am sitting here now waiting on the call to tell me about my MDT meeting which took place today. I was told on 12th March that I had CC and then since have had MRI and CT.

Good Luck x x 

Thanks ladies.

It's great having other people to chat too so thanks for your replies.

My MRI is this morning so that will be one thing ticked off the list.

Fifer78 - i hope the call went well.

xx