1b1 cells graded a 3!!anybody had similar ?

I have been told i have 1b1 cervical cancer squamous cell. The cells are a grade 3 as they grade the cells between 1 and 3,3 being worst. Has anyone ever had the same?? Did there cancer grow quickly and spread before treatment ? 

I had grade 3 in early 1997 (glassy cell carcinoma rather than squamous). It grew extremely quickly but I am still here nearly 22 years later. They do grow quickly so dangerous if not caught. However yours has been caught and fast growing tumours can sometimes  respond particularly well to adjuvant treatment if you need it (I am assuming you are having hysterectomy in first instance) as treatment targets rapidly dividing cells. So I think it's likely you will do very well. Good luck.

Hi can i ask how quickly it can grow? I havnt had biopsy for nearly 6 weeks now and worried about spread,hysterectomy tomorrow but thigh/sciatica type leg pains on and off. 

Oh gosh I wouldn't  like to guess how quickly your particular cancer would grow. I think my most recent cancer which was also a stage 3 grew from 2.4 cm to 3.cm  in a similar time span if that helps.  You should have your treatment  start within 31 days of definitive diagnosis so your timing sounds within sensible limits.  The important  thing is that tomorrow  it will be gone.  Only the histology  will be able to say exactly  where you are at but 1bs do very well statistically  and I am sure you will be fine. 

With very best wishes for tomorrow. 

Karen x

Can't sleep with all the worry,thankyou for your reassurance. 31 and got 3 children,I just want the all clear. X

This time tomorrow you will be!

Hello! I got diagnosed with 1b1 grade 3! And I’ve just undergone my radical hysterectomy. I’m only 25 but thankfully I had my children young. Doesn’t stop the heartache mind but you’ll do anything to save your life. 1b1 is stage 1 still, grade 3 is the aggressiveness of the cancer so my surgeon said it’s a pretty aggressive type but still positive it’s stage 1. Please don’t mix up grade 3 and stage 3! It’s grades within stages. You’ll still in the first stage so please don’t be alarmed. Do you know the next steps? Have you had scans yet? Xx

Hi I have just got home from hospital. I had a larascopic radical hysterectomy including tubes and lymph nodes on tuesday. Got to wait for results now which take around 2 weeks.  I'm home with a catheter for 7 days,still in pain and on and off trapped wind in my shoulders. How are u coping with the op? 

Well done Sharon it's out, it's gone!

Best wishes for an uneventful recovery and a happy life.

Karen x 

Day 3 post op. Able to move around a bit more today,still get the odd trapped windvpai a in my shoulders and back so dosed up on painkillers. Havnt been able to go to toilet since the op Tuesday morning, eating fruit and taking ducolaxe,came home with a catheter for 7 days,got twoc next week. After the op I thought my left leg thigh cramp/ache had gone but it came back yesterday. I'm really worried as this all started beginning of Dec after if been told 1b1 altho scans 2 weeks later didn't show spread. I'm worried as I waited 7 weeks for up after told stage altho they still think its early and op went really well I still have that worry now the leg ache is back. My results aren't til 14th feb . 

You have had major surgery! Everything will ache! Not necessarily a sign of cancer at all!

Just enjoy your recuperation and get spoilt!

Karen x 

Just diagnosed last week with cervical cancer all my gp was able to tell me was it was 2 cm in size, going to oncologist gyno tomorrow morning...been so scared my stress levels are insane! The not knowing how fast this will spread is making me slowly insane! All kinds of pains going on in shoulder joints, back of knees, chest pains, and feels like something is under my right side ribs....hoping all this is stress realted and not something else...anyone experience these pains? Is it stress? Im feeling so afraid and alone...need help with answers if anyone can shed some light? 

Hi lynne. 

I definitely had all sorts of weird pains before my scans and staging. It’s almost definitely stress related. I had really achy armpits before my PET scan and was convinced it was in my lymph nodes. As soon as they told me it hadn’t the pains went away. 

Stress does weird things to you. Hope everything goes well with your scans. 

Alice X

Well turns out I have small cell cancer in my cervix, they are worried it may have come from my lung as its unusual for small cell to start in the cervix. So going for a scan on tuesday then an Mri at a later date after they make sure I dont have any metal in my eye from a previouse accident and will know more after testing....I am so stressed and now am feeling pains everywhere which I hope is stress related...scared out of my mind as they are going to be checking lungs, brain and liver especialy as these are the usual targets of small cell cancer they gave me some meds to keep me calm during the waiting game but they are doing nothing for me! Hoping for the best.

Once scan come back they will be starting me up whith chemo as soon as possible as they say with small cell cancer its to dangerouse to open me up for surgery. I am so afraid and dont know where to turn 

Hello, Sharon31! I just came across this post as I am in the EXACT same situation. I am 31 years old and I have 3 boys under the age of 5. I was just diagnosed with stage 1B1, grade 3 squamous cell carcinoma. I have a simple hysterectomy booked but I am meeting with the surgeon next week to find out if they will test lymph nodes as well. I am worried about spread at this point. Did you have any spread to lymph nodes? How are you now? Did you get the all clear? I'm hoping your well and everything worked out in your favour. I hope you don't mind updating me on your progress. Thank you!