Worried, symptoms etc xx

Hi all, hope you're all doing ok during lockdown.

Im here to get some advice and see if I'm right to be worried basically.

I'm 33 years old with 4 children. I was sterilised after my youngest. My last smear was 2.5 years ago. I've had all smears and they have all come back normal.

Around 2 years ago my periods became very heavy. So in July last year I had the marina coil fitted. The heavy periods stopped and they went back to normal periods for a month or two. Since around September last year I've been having irregular bleeding probably 6 out of 7 days a week, I have also recently started bleeding after what is now painful sex. I feel pain in my pelvic area, kind of like I've always got a tampon in so a pressure. 

I did go to the nurse around 4 months ago and she did an examination and said there's a red ring around my cervix and of it continues then go back for swabs. I've left it a little later than what she said too but I've finally booked in for swabs on Wednesday morning as the symptoms haven't subsided at all. The dr said she is going to take swabs, give me a course of antibiotics and if nothing changes in 2 weeks refer me to gyne. Luckily I have private health insurance so I can fast track it to my local private hospital. 

im rambling now, what are your thoughts? Have you experienced similar and what was the outcome?

Thank you xxx 

Sorry that you having abnormal/unusual bleeding which is worrying you; such bleeding can occur for a range of reasons and always warrants medical investigation so it's good that you got the ball rolling for that.

I have experienced abnormal bleeding: post menopausal bleeding which, in my case, turned out to be a symptom for cervical cancer - but that's to be expected on a cervical cancer charity forum.  I'm not an expert but other reasons for bleeding includes cervical ectropion - see following link:

https://www.jostrust.org.uk/information/cervix/cervical-ectropion

It's good that you are up to date with your cervical smears.  I hope all goes well for you -

x

Hi Jenna 

how did you get on as I have the same symptoms xx