Worried about discharge

Hello. I’m still waiting on my smear test result (6 weeks down the line now!) but I have lots of clear discharge. I have been swabbed every single month since January and every time it’s come back with thrush, but I’m still concerned. I AM a little itchy and I do get a little swollen down there which is very in line with the swab results, but my discharge isn’t typical thrush type. It’s clear (does smell yeast like though!) but there is loads and it comes out in gushes a few times a day. It’s super horrible.

Has anyone experienced that with thrush? I can’t find anything online about the gushing. I’m worried that this is something more hence my anxiety over the smear result. 

Because the thrush is showing up every time, I’m on long term fluconazole treatment but so far no difference!

hi Katie<

do not ignore and get fobbed off with your discharge. i started having watery discharge that smells terrible in january> mine was pink/brown and it dpours out of me day and night. i got told it was BV and got treated with antibiotics but nothing changed>. when i went for my pap they could see a bleeding spot on my cervix and i was sent for a colposcapy. the dr took a biopsy of that area but also did a swab of inside my cervix. they both came back positive for cancer. when he told me that thats why i am having discharge (because it was inside my cervix), i broke down crying because i knew it and kept getting told it was something else. now im not saying thats whats happening with you and if your swab comes back clear or with CIN, ask them to swab the Endo part of your cervix just to make sure as it is often missed in paps.I really felt like i had to be my own advocate for a bit.  the great thing is, is that even if its cancer, it is highly treatable. gonna kick its ass!!

Ah I replied but it didn’t work! 

See mine doesn’t smell terrible (smells like yeast) and isn’t pink or brown. It’s like heavy ovulation discharge really but yeast like and gushing and it’s the gush that worries me. A gynaecologist did my smear - she said by eye it looked healthy. Another gynaecologist did high vaginal swabs and endocervical swab - both clear apart from thrush! Is that what you mean?

Good luck to you - you sound strong. :)

Hey guys, 

Samt issues here with clear discharge and repeated inconclusive results. Had smear today and nurse was concerned as I have blood spot on my cervix. Up to 6 week wait now though! 

Fingers crossed 

I’ve waited nearly seven weeks for my results now. I reckon my smear results will come as inconclusive too!

To update, my smear is finally back and is clear! I think I have a terrible case of thrush as the swabs are showing! 

I hope you get the same outcome x