What now?

I’ve recently had the results back from the biopsy done during my colposcopy and was told I had CIN 2 cells. When seated infront of the consultant he recommended I don’t have any treatment for now as I’m only 28 and currently have no children. I was never told before how having the cells removed would potentially affect ever being able to carry a baby. The recommendation was that I come back in 6 months and he’ll continue to monitor the cells. Has this happened to anyone else? My consultant was fantastic and any questions I had in my head he had already answered without me having to say although I think I was a little in shock, It wasn’t until the day after I really thought about it. Now I’ve so many questions … Is it suggested myself and my parter try for a baby within the next year or so? Do we try now? Do we leave it and see how things go? My partner already has a daughter from a previous relationship so having a child isn’t an issue, it’s just when is the right time in this situation?

Hiya.  I'm sorry to say that I've no suggestions/advice for you as I've never wanted children myself, so it's not something I've investigated, but I didn't want to leave you with no response.  People do read the posts!

I think maybe the best thing you can do is ring your colposcopy clinic and see if you can speak to them again to ask them all your questions. They'll be able to give you the most useful informaiton probably.

Best of luck! xxxx