What is radiation like after radical hysterectomy?

Hello - I'm wondering if any of you have had a radical hysterectomy and then had to have radiation afterwards?  I'm pretty clear on what radiation looks like if you haven't done the surgery, but is it just external beam radiation after?  I know they can't do brachy if you don't have a cervix/uterus, but I didn't know if there was something else they do.

Thanks!

Hi slicnick I had a radical hysterectomy in may And the pathology showed some spread to the cervix and vagina so I needed follow up radiation I had 25 sessions that finished two wks ago , it was external beam and the treatment itself was easy I had minor symptoms, as far as I no you may also have some brachytherapy but it’s not as strong as the brachytherapy you would need if you hadn’t had the surgery I hope this helps you, I wish you all the best in your treatment, Melissa x x

Hi there :-)

Hands up! I had rad hyst followwd by chemo rads followed by brachy. To be perfectly honest with you I think the surgery cured me and the other tratments were just to be on the extra safe side. That was all back in 2011/12 and I've had no bother since. I am a lucky woman and I hope the same for you!

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

I am exactly the same as Tivoli. I am fine too. And long may that continue ladies x