What did you drink during chemo?

I had my first chemo 15 days ago. Everything tasted vile. I had to go
back into hospital as I got dehydrated. My next treatment is due
next Tuesday. I would be really grateful if anyone has any tips about
how to manage this.

Hi

i would drink water with lemon slices in it! It helped me because water tasted so gross and the vitamin c will help!

xoxox

Hi Phil I drank quite a bit of freshly squeezed vegetable and fruit juice. Apple celery and carrot was a real favourite somtimes with a bit of ginger for the nausea. I also liked good quality bubbly water. The supermarket homebrand just didn't taste as good. Another favourite was orange juice mixed with Tonic. I went off all wine which was so unlike me - tasted bland. The Dietician said that was common and if you continued to drink it it would take you longer to enjoy the taste again when chemo stopped. Hope that helps Jayne

Hi Phil:-)

I was put on a stupidly strict diet which meant that the only juices I was allowed was apple or banana. I drank plenty of water as well and I went right off coffee so drank Green Tea with lemon instead. Banned from alcohol too.

Hope that helps
Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Thank you all very much for your tips.  It's great to get them and I do appreciate you responding so quickly.  This is some journey.

Thank goodness to have support along the way.  Bless you all.

I loved fresh milkshake made with ice-cream and I craved plum juice you can buy it online 

I drank water or fizzy pop because of the sugar - your body doesn't discriminate what fluids you have as they all get broken down by the kidneys - it's vital that you drink what you can fruit juice is another thing I drank a lot of - I found really sweet things worked best for me and fruit and ice lollies! its a trial and error kind of thing - I had to avoid milk, orange juice and coffee as they all made me sick - maybe a diffrebt for you.

also the weird taste can last after treatment too I still get it a year on cx