weightloss - any secrets

Since starting the chemo mix in sept, I have lost a considerable amount of weight (25kg) in 3 months and its causing concerns about treatment.

Despite following the advice of high fat, high calorie, little and often, snacking on sweets and chocolate, and even the foul fortisip range, I am still dropping about 2.5kg every cycle.

There is no spare flesh anywhere! Even when over the worst side affects and feeling good in myself I have no energy to enjoy doing anything as every calories is being used by my body to fight/heal.

Any secrets out there that you can share would be fab.

Thanks in advance xx

Hi there. 

I'm assuming you must be taking some kind of steroids to help in the aid of inflammation, ask you dr to switch to another one as it might help. I met a lady doing a strong chemo for reoccurrence and she was having the same issue until her steroids got switched. Ask your team if this might help. At least won't hurt to try. I'm not really sure why this helped her I just remember her telling me this. 

sending good fat vibes your way!

Hi 

that's a lot of weight in 3 months I agree with Lolli try switching your steroids 

I struggled last year whilst having cisplatin and radio I found it better to have a high caloried tea and supper then went straight to bed to be able to keep the food in I also made all my coffees with full fat hot milk instead of water 

stay strong 

onwards and upwards 

love Michelle 

I'm in the same boat I'm afraid! BUT if it makes you feel better I got through my treatment and I'm doing ok a year on! my weight is still low but I just eat anything and everything I fancy! And your weight will go up mine did but due to another issue I've dropped back to 7st I went up to 8st from 6st during treatment so it can be done but there is no magic secret - ATM your body is using any energy it has to beat this vile thing....keeep at it you'll get through xx