Waiting time for colposcopy

Hi ladies,

Received my letter through the post with my colposcopy referral date today (nice little Christmas present :-/).

Anyway, my smear test was 25th Nov and my colposcopy appointment isn’t until 7th Feb. From what I’ve been reading on here, most people have their appointment much quicker than this?

My smear came back borderline with HPV and whilst the nurse said not to worry, I can’t help but think this is a long time to wait (around 10 weeks from smear).

Has anyone else experienced similar waiting times? I understand local NHS run things slightly different, however, Like most of you say, the waiting really is the hardest part!

Thanks ladies x

Hi lucy i had my smear aug which came back low grade changes and hpv in sept i didnt have my colopocopy appointment till the beginning of november they then took a biopsy my results from that came back last week and i am now booked in for ny lletz on 30th dec xx

Thanks for that Katy, just seems like such a long time to wait doesn't it?!

I hope your Lletz goes well on the 30th. Let us know how it goes xx

That is an awful long time to wait. Especially I at colposcopy you need to have a biopsy done and then you're told the results will take a further 6-8 weeks! I was one of the 'luckier' ones. Abnormal smear results. 6 days later had colposcopy and have a biopsy sent off. But 6-8 weeks for results?? :-/ the waiting game is horrible.  Waiting for tests. Waiting for results.  Waits gonna for answers.  Good luck xxx