Waiting for staging and scared

I am waiting to get my scans and find out what stage I am at and I am really scared. I have had leg and back pain, and constant bleeding that has required blood transfusions so I am really scared that I will be at an untreatable stage. Was anyone else this terrified waiting for their staging?

Yes, I’ve been in your shoes and agree 100%. The wait is absolutely agonizing I think for me waiting for the staging was beyond nerve-racking. I am now six months past treatment with clean scans but the past two pet scans that I had it was no picnic waiting for my results, but I will say waiting for your staging is terrifying, I hope and pray it’s not too bad. Just because of your symptoms seem more pronounced doesn’t mean you are advanced stage, everyone s body responds differently. Hang in there, this is a great place to get information from all that’s been there. We feel for you, and hope it’s alright, you’ll feel better once you know, it’s the unknown that is scary!

1 Like

@ShareBear I had my ct scan today and I was fine. But now I’m completely terrified that they are going to tell me the worst. I have never felt so stressed out in my entire life.

2 Likes

The waiting is the worst . Try and take a breath, and do something you love doing, even for a few minutes to try and take your mind away from it. They now know or will know what’s going on and the doctors and radiographers (or radiologists?:thinking:) will take a little time to look at your scans and work out what’s best, but things are now moving in the right direction xxx

1 Like

Yes it’s the worse, the wait is agony, and the unknown is terrifying. But once you know they will form a treatment plan and you will feel better with a plan to defeat this disease! Honestly waiting for scan results isn’t ever easy, I’m only 7 months post treatment and it is agonizing to wait. I get my results within a day but getting the dr to interpret take another day, I’m left trying to interpret the scans myself and it’s scary, I’m in the USA. Hang in there the results will lead you to the best treatment for you. As old red suggested try to do some fun’s things to get your mind off of wait. Hoping for the best!!!

1 Like

I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago and today told it’s at least stage 1a1 I have an mri scan on Sunday to check for lymph node involvement the they can decide on surgery and treatment I’m so scared the constant worrying is awful. I have bled irregularly and heavy on and off for over a year lower back and abdominal pain also so just keep thinking the worst xx

I was really scared at first as well. Once I had a stage and a plan of action I felt a bit better. I have been bleeding on and off for awhile as well. I am having a pet scan tomorrow to see if my one swollen lymph node has cancer in it or not. If not I am stage 1b3. If it does I am stage 3C. They think more than likely I am stage 3C. Even at that stage they told me treatment is very effective and curable. Hang in there, I know it can get scary and our minds always think the worst things. More often than not it isn’t as bad as you think it will be.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply. I will keep everything crossed for you please let me know how you get on xx

I will :slight_smile: I will keep everything crossed for you as well. We will beat this!

2 Likes

:muscle:t3::muscle:t3:

1 Like