Waiting for results

Hello ladies. I have been reading in here since november. I had an abnormal smear in october and a colposcopy+biopsy in november. The biopsy came back with severe CIN3 and some hpv changes, but the hpv test was negativ ( I had 2 x low grade smears and hpv16 in 2006 so the cin3 is probably from that and then I had two smears that probably was false negative). I had a surgery december 19th. I actually dont know what kind of surgery I had, I think maybe it was a cone biopsy(?) or maybe a leep/lletz(?) no one told me any name of that surgery, but it was done in GA and they also did some kind of abrasio. They said it was a large and deep area with cin3 and possible AIS (?) and that I was going to get a letter later with the results of what they found and if they really got it all. Its almost 4 weeks now and I find the waiting very hard now, every day checking the mail and the weekends feels so long. Could anyone tell me if they been in the same situation how long did you wait for result? Did they get it all away with the cone biopsy/lletz? If they didnt get clear margins will they tell you by letter or do they call? I really appriciate every answer, feeling very lonely and confused by this and no one to ask. I tried to call the hospital to ask for my result, but it's not ready yet. 

Hi there. I know it is easy to say, but try to calm down as much as you can. You get nothing by torturing yourself like that, the result will come, not really sure why so long but however. 

As per my experience, they are supposed to write on the patohistological report if the margins are clear and all is out, or there are abnormal cells still present on the margins. Anyway they need to inform you about that.

I hope you get the result soon. Until then, take care of yourself.

Hiya

The waiting is really horrible, i really feel for you

It took about 4 weeks for my results from both my lletz. I havent had clear margins on either. The first time I was given my biopsy results by post but given an appointment to be told I had no clear margins. They did this becausue they wanted to discuss further treatment with me.  This apptointment took a few weeks because my case needed to be discussed at an MDT meeting.  The second time they called me in for an appointment again so i knew i still didnt have clear margins. 

Thank you so much, it kind of nice just to hear from someone who understand.  What happens after your second lletz? Will they do another lletz? I hope you are doing fine after that. Its not enough information about what happens, what to expect, you kind of have to find out om your own and just wait. Its awfull. 

Hi Andrea, 

I'm in Canada so things are a little different I imagine. The waiting is truly awful! My pap was abnormal in July 2018 and I had to wait until October for my colposcopy (where I was diagnosed with AIS). Right now I am waiting on results from my cone biospy that I also had on Dec 19th! I'm hoping that they got it all in this cone. I have my follow-up appointment on Feb 7th to get my results in person and for the doctor to check my healing. I hope to get a cancellation for the week of the 21st though! 

They will have to advise us on next steps for further treatment if we need it. Until we get our results, I think we need to focus on our self-care. Distraction is helpful and I am trying to stay busy. 

Take care of yourself! 

-Kari 

Hiya Andrea

Yes i feel we are very much left in the dark to guess what's going on. That is my only complaint about the NHS, the lack of information, they've been brilliant otherwise (except for everything being so slow over xmas!!)

I'm having a scan tomorrow just to be totally sure there's nothing invasive, and then I think I have to decide between watch and wait and hysterectomy. I get the impression they dont want to do another lletz? I dont know why. It's a guessing game!

Hopefully you get good news soon

xx

Hi Andrea,

Just wondering if you have heard anything yet?

I had positive smear with high grade severe. Within a week I had colposcopy and Lletz (that was on 3 Dec 18) and still not heard anything. 

The waiting is definitely the worse part.  Reading your post made me feel that I wasn't on my own.

I'm hoping you have heard by now and it's good news.