Waiting for 6 month scan results

Hi ladies

I’m waiting for the results of my 6 month post treatment MRI.

Over the last couple of months since being told the treatment had been successful and there was no sign of cancer on my scan, I’m easing myself back into work and coping well generally despite the odd side effect. I’ve asked for some counsellin, which hasn’t started yet and I’m having treatment for lymphedema. When I got told there was no cancer showing on my scan back in January I remember thinking to myself Im very lucky and promising myself that whilst I’ll never forget what this journey has taught me, I have to try and get on with my life and be happy.

I don’t know why but today I feel completely paranoid and like everything is a bit too good to be true. Me and my partner have just had a mortgage offer agreed on our new house and I just feel wary about getting too excited even though I know I shouldn’t be worrying. I know I have to just think positive. I know I’m in good hands I’m just scared and feel like I need to just get it all out. Sorry for ranting like this. Hope you’re all ok xxxxx

Hi there ,

congrats on the mortgage offer!!! It's no wonder you are feeling overwhelmed. Buying property is always a bit scary and makes you rethink everything. 

I remember feeling totally overwhelmed when we bought an investment property and thought such terrible things instead of just being happy our goals were being met. That was even before the cancer so I totally think it's just a lot of emotions coming to the surface. 

Take a deep breath and enjoy. Don't rob yourself feel good moments for "what it's". 

Focus on this.....

you made it and you are doing great!!! 

Chin up girl, let the sun shine on your face. :)

HI Lolli

Thank you for replying :)

I had a call from the hospitel this morning and my 6 month scan was fine so I can relex now.

Hope you're doing ok xx