Very high grade CGIN

Told on Friday my colposcopy results indicate 'very high grade CGIN ’ . Consultant said he couldn’t get inside the cervix due to inflammation so Boole for LLETZ on Thursday . Has anyone else had this ? Bit panicky atm xx

Hi, 

I know how you are feeling, it's all very confusing. I had my first ever smear and I was told I have CIN3 (high grade, severe) I had Lletz treatment under LA on wednesday last week, after the treatment my doctor said I have abnormal glandular cells which I think is CGIN. She explained it all to me but I was so confused by it all, I couldn't take any of it in. I am now waiting for my results from Lletz.

The treatment was fine though they make sure you feel comfortable and you are relaxed and it is all over quickly. I have found the recovery okay too, went back to work the following day. 

Did they tell you if you would be under local or general anesetic? I think when they say you have high grade CGIN it is very similar to CIN3, I think it all sounds scarier than it is. It is so hard not to worry though isn't it! 

Xxx

Thanks for reply x

I guess I just have to get on with it wait and hope as we all do until we get results :/

My LLETZ will be done with la but I'm concerned as they took biopsies which came back as very high grade yet they couldn't get into my cervix because it was inflamed ! 

please try not to worry, high grade Cgin is simular to cin3 (it's still pre cancerous changes), it's just that its higher up. 

My smear showed high grade Cgin and I had a lletz at the end of May. I've had some results back saying cin3 and something called smile which is something to do with Cgin I think. I'm currently awaiting for them to contact me after my results were dicussed at a mdt meeting.  x