High grade CGIN and 2nd LLETZ (and side affects)

Hi all,

I just wanted to share my story so far with women who are going through simialr- and i guess offload! 

Age 28 - no children

July- Had my second ever smear and it was very painful, doctor and nurse said they saw a cyst and ectropian 

Aug- get invited for colposcopy at hospital. Colposcopist says he cant see anything but he will do a biopsy anyway 

Aug- Biopsy results back showing abnormal cells and I get invited for a LLETZ app 

Sept- LLETZ app confirms CGIN cells in cervix canal. The biopsy is later confirmed as high grade CGIN

Oct- After a long discussion, the doctors decide I should come in for a futher LLETZ and the margins are not clear

I am so grateful what the smear test has brought up, as the nurse said CGIN cells are much harder to find on smear test. However, if im honest I have found this whole experince very emotional and overwhelding. It hasnt helped that during my diagnosis, I got made redunant, lost my flat, lost a family memebr, then moved in on my own (just after LLETZ) and just started temp work. 

I am a little apprehensive about my 2nd LLETZ as the first one left me feeling physically awful for many weeks (exhuastions, . nausea, painful cramps, achey, back pain). My GP gave me antibitoics for a suspected UTI which probs didnt help, but wondering if anyone else felt this way?

Im hoping this 2nd LLETZ will get rid of any remaining cells. Has anyone else gone through this?

Sending positive vibes!

Faye

Hi Faye,

Sorry to hear of your experience, it sounds like you have had a lot going on all at once! As if these investigations haven't been enough!!

I have similar situation to yours, only I went straight for a Cone biopsy so I can't speak to the LLETZ. I too had a smear which picked up high grade Dyskaryosis. Gynacologist did the Colposcopy and said it looked like mild CIN. Took biopsies to be sure, came back as high grade CGIN and possible invasive Malignancy. I was referred to an Oncologist who went straight for a large cone biopsy. He removed everything, no cancer just wide spread high grade CGIN. 

I can empathise with the emotional side of things massively and I have only had to go through it once. I'm now 3.5 weeks since biopsy and 2 weeks post cone biopsy. Horrendous Back aches, still emotional as heck, a lot of other stuff going on too (stranded in the UK and can't get home to Australia) 

With regards to your second LLETZ, if you did not get clear margins on your first, I imagine a second is necassery. Maybe seek help (emotional and for the pain and discomfort post LLETZ) prior to the procedure. I have seen a lot of women on here recommend the help lines, either Jo's or Macmillan. Speaking to someone with knowledge always helps a lot!

Sending positive vibes! 

Hi Jen,

Apologies,I just saw your reply, I actually thought this didn't post! 

So sorry to hear what you have been going through, that must have been so worrying it being escalated so quickly. It's good to hear from someone else with CGIN. Your post treatment symptoms sound very similar to mine. I kept reading I should be all good as new the next day and felt a bit pathetic for feeling awful! 

I have my 2nd LLETZ booked for just over a week under general anesthic and really can't wait for it to be over!

Have you had any further news after your treatment? How are you doing now? Crossing my fingers you can get back to Aus soon (if you haven't already!!) 

All the best,

Faye