Vault smear

Hiya

I’m having this done at the colposcopy clinic on friday.

Do they just do a smear, or do they have a look as well?

cheers xx

I will have to have a vault smear after i have hysterectomy soon. They look on colposcope for evidence of Vain in the vagina as i have had cin3 and vain 3 over the years. Did your malignancy regress to normal without treatment do you mo longer need a hysterectomy.

Hope this helps

I had a hysterectomy about 7 months ago. It's a bit of a long story...  butthe scans showed a false positive for a tumour - it turned out to have been inflammation from the previous lletz.

So I don't know if the vain/CIN would have regressed on their own.

Cheers xx

Hi Meraud,  sorry this reply will not reach you in time, hope your vault smear went well?

I had a hysterectomy in January, vault smear in August which gathered insufficient cells.  Had a repeat last week and am waiting on the results now. 

Hiya

It was fine thanks. It was carried out by my consultant and she removed some granulation tissue caused by the surgery at the same time. 

What a pain to have to have it done again. I hope you don't have to wait too long for results.

xx

I had a RH in January but a vault smear has never been mentioned.   Are we supposed to have these?    X

Hi

I'm not sure if it's routine practice or not. 

I had VAIN3, and although they removed it all during my RH I think my consultant wants to make sure it's not returned. She also had a look to check everything has healed.

I don't know if you need one if you didnt have VAIN 

xx

Hi Twhite, 

We had our hysterectomies around the same time,  I hope you're doing well?

I had a vault smear in August (Was meant to be 6 months after surgery,  but that was how appts worked out), then it had to be redone again in October because the cell sample wasn't enough. I got results yesterday,  borderline changes to cells. Trying not to worry about it!

I've got another appt to have another vault smear in May,  as a result of these changes. If it had been clear my consultant said she would have done another after a year and then I wouldn't  need any more.