VAIN3

Hi all.
So had results of biopsy and colposcopy today. Not quite sure what to make of it all as a lot of info all in one go!
I knew something was wrong (post coital bleeding) so off I went to the doctor. Only 6 weeks later and I’ve been told I’ve VAIN3 and am booked in for laser surgery and cervical loop in 2 weeks time.
All happened very quickly and my head is still trying to suss it all out. Not even sure if I’m in the right place but having just entered my 30s not a lot of my friends seem to know what it’s all about!

Love The Newbie!

Hey, I actually just had to look up what vain 3 is, I had never heard of it. did the letter explain to you what it is? may I ask how long you waited for your biopsy results? looks like they are acting quickly to get you better, and although it's not nice for you the good news is that it is not cancer. if you don't feel like you are informed enough perhaps you could request a phone call from either your gp or gyno, you have every right to be fully aware of your situation. Hope all goes well for you x 

Thanks for your reply! 

I only had to wait 2 and half weeks for my biopsy results.  

My consultant was good and basically just said I needed to have it removed otherwise would become cancer.

However, only info I have found has been on macmillan website (very informative). I'm juaware that first hand experience is usually better!

Well the op is Friday and pre op tomorrow has come round very quickly! .

Hey how did this go? Was your procedure successful?