**UPDATED** VAIN2

Hi,

I had an abnormal smear with low grade changes earlier this year and was sent for a colposcopy which was awful (very rude nurse with no personal skills!) at the appointment she said I had white patches on my vagina and that she couldn’t do a biopsy so I would need to see a consultant and I was sent away feeling confused and upset. I went for the second colposcopy and the consultant took a biopsy of my cervix and vagina – during the appointment he kept asking my age (36) which I thought was weird.

Four weeks later, I hadn’t any results so called the clinic and was told my cervix had low grade changes and the vagina was higher and there would be a meeting between the consultants to decide what treatment I need. That was it – I didn’t ask to think what grade (1,2 or 3) they might be. Today I had a call from the hospital to go in next week and discuss my results. Is this normal? I feel like I am not being told anything and worried something is very wrong.

This has being going on since March and it’s all so stressful.

It is a rollercoaster of emotions and a whole new world to get to grips with. The waiting is definitely the worst for me too, so although it’s scary, you will probably feel better once you know what is going on. Fingers crossed for you xxx

It is a rollercoaster of emotions and a whole new world to get to grips with. The waiting is definitely the worst for me too, so although it’s scary, you will probably feel better once you know what is going on. Fingers crossed for you xxx

I had my appointmet yesterday and was told my cervix is fine but I have VAIN2 on my vagina. The consultant said it's very rare in women my age (36) and there have only been 2 cases at the hospital in 10 years! I'm now waiting for a referral to another hospital (because mine doesn't do the treatment for VAIN) to have a laser treatment. 

I think what worries me is the consultant said they don't understand VAIN as well as CIN and don't know how quickly to can progress or if it goes away on its own. They did say that after the treatment I will be monitored and have to go back annually for a colposcopy. Joy!