Treatment for CIN

So I am 27 and I had an abnormal smear test and they automatically booked me in for a colposcopy. During it she said that they were going to take a biopsy and give me treatment there and then. She said the abnormal cells were quite deep. I got my results today just over three weeks later. The letter says that the results of my LLETZ (loop excision) is CIN. I am aware that means abnormal cells. It doesn’t say what grade. It just says I require treatment and it will be carried out at the colposcopy clinic. They have booked me in for the end of next month. My question is, what will the treatment be? I thought she did the treatment there and then during the initial colposcopy. Does anyone know what I might expect to happen?

Many thanks
Rebz88

Hi there

I imagine that they have not got clear margins around the area that they removed and need to do a further LLETZ treatment. My advice would be to give the colposcopy clinic (or your GP) a call and ask them to explain. They are usually very helpful and will do all they can to put your mind at rest.

good luck x x