Tiredness

Hi All
Hope everyone’s feeling good today.
I’m feeling not too bad but just wondering when my energy levels are going to increase?
I don’t know if I’ve maybe been doing too much or if this is just normal but by lunchtime almost everyday, I’m ready for a nap!!! If I don’t have one then I’m shattered by dinner time!! I’m almost 6 weeks post treatment (25 radio, 6 chemo and 4 brachy) now and had expected to be getting back to normal in most areas.
Also, I’ve noticed that most people managed to have a little chat with their consultant at the end of their treatment and most had been told positive feedback…did anyone not have any feedback and still had a positive outcome and their check up? I don’t know if I’m just reading into everything too much as my check up isn’t until the beginning of June and I just feel ignored by my consultant.
Thanks
Pauline x

Hi Pauline,  I can't remember properly but I think by 6 weeks I was back to normal but saying that I'm not working or anything so still have lots of chill out time.

I didn't really gave a chat with my consultant at the end of treatment,  she did come to see how I was when I was on the bed for my braccy and said treatment had worked well which was good. At my 6 week check up I asked her what she could see when she inserted the braccy - she said there was no obvious sign of tumour. I had to ask.

Have you got your 6 week check up coming up?

Hi Philleepa

My 6 week check has been moved to an 11 week check due to staff shortages! I've tried to get them to take me sooner but to no avail!

I mostly feel okay but this week I've just felt really tired....sitting on couch chilling!

I started yoga last week and when I went this week, I really pushed myself and dont know if I've just pushed myself too hard as have been really tired yesterday and today...thought I could handle things at this stage.

I managed to have a quick word with consultant and he was very vague about things and never really gave me any andwers so I'm now feeling very diwn about things.

Thanks for replying....hope your fonger feels better ☺

Px

Hi Pauline Your body and mind has been through the mill it is normal to feel tired the Radiotherapy external and Internal drains you of energy.I was told the Brachytherapy continues to work for 6 weeks after treatment so it must be powerful stuff.

After my Brachy i asked the Consultant how it had gone he said well and he would see me in 6 weeks I havent had a letter but i will eat my socks and shoes if it is 6 weeks as it took nearly 3 months to start treatment. I hope you start to pick up soon ask to be put on the Cancellation list? xx

Hi Pauline,

just wanted to let you know that it's 20 weeks since my last treatment and I still have days when I feel absolutely knackered, today being one of them! I've found that over the last few months, I've had good days and bad days and gradually I'm having more good than bad. Kumagill is right in that emotionally and physically, our bodies have taken a battering so it's going to take a good while to get over that.  

My consultant didn't really confirm anything with me during my treatment. He came to me after my first brachytherapy and said things were "looking promising" but it wasn't until after my MRI scan in March (3months later) that he confirmed there had been a total response to the treatment. I've seen some people posting that they've been told much more than I was at the end of treatment. I know the waiting is awful but that appointment will soon come round and I would have expected that if there were any concerns about it not working, they would already have an idea from your brachytherapy scans and would be doing something about it.

Take care

Lisa xxx

Hi Pauline :-)

I can't now remember how long it was before I could go a full day without a little lie-down. Your body has been through a monstrous assault and it will take time to recover. You're tired because your body is nicking your energy to heal you :-) Now isn't that a nice thought to nod off to :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi pauline how are you doing? I was like you following other ladies who said they were feeling ok and wondering why I wasn't. My treatment finished in August and I found out at that time I had been anemic throughout my treatment but nothing had been done - and nothing was done at that time either. Fast forward to February and pre-op assessment for an eua and guess what I'm still anemic!!! So now on iron supplements + b12 supplements to try and sort me out. I must say my energy levels are great now - awaiting another blood test in a few weeks to check levels.

it may be worth having a word with gp and get them to check your levels - as others have said your body has been through a very tough time and is still recovering.

Hi Ladies

Thank you all for your replies x

Well I'm stiff feeling a bit low, however, I think things have more to do with not working and not having anything to motivate me when my girls are at school.

I do have to have my bloods tested next week at my gp's so this will tell me if my counts are low as they were low around 2/3 weeks ago.....fingers crossed that they've improved as I'm not in a very positive mindset just now.

Take care

X

Hi Pauline,  

I completely understand where you are coming from re motivation when the kids are at school.  My life revolves around This Morning and Loose Women most days. It's hard though isn't it. Not working means no money coming in so I don't want to go out spending.  I don't want to but anything anyway cos it'll serve as a reminder of this horrible time - I don't want any reminders whatsoever. 

I'm starting to feel a bit anxious for my scan next week.  I've been told there was no obvious sign of tumour but .........

It's definitely the not being able to make plans that's bringing me down too.

Re you being tired,  have you tried increasing your iron intake to see if it helps?

Hi Philleepa

I feel your pain re awaiting the outcome...good luck with yout scan, I'm sure everything will be clear for you. I have to wait until 1st June and thats just my first check up appt...the waiting reallu brings you down, dowsn't it!

My girls keep asking where we're going on holiday and I just have no answers for them until I find out whats what....also wanting to look for a nrw job as I used to work from home but now want to be out and about more and cant do anything about it until results are known....just finding things hard at the mo, I'm sure I'll perk up soon!

I've been having lots of my homemade veg juice which are packed with lots of nutritional goodies and have drastically increased my veg intake...my diet has never been so healthy lol

Let us know how you get on next week....I'll be thinking of you

X

Hi hun, I finished treatment in September and I was ok about 3 months later I went back work in January and I'm still at work and I was doing fine but now I'm getting to Thursday and I am bloody shattered! I am falling asleep as soon as I get in and sleeping all night and late into the next day cus i am so tired! Your levels will dip but they will also dip so just listen to your body x