Test of Cure following Lletz x2 - How long for results?

This is a long thread …
I’m having to wait for 2 months to have smear at colposcopy
I read a little about tilted wombs and I think that might be the issue for me( as they could no longer ‘ find’ my cervix at 6 month test of cure
In addition uti s are more common with that apparently
My wee issues ( pain on urination) have cleared up.
I suspect that might be because I’ve had antibiotics for a toe infection and it was a uti after all.
So all good and compared with most of the posters I have had it quite easy as my cells were only cin 1 with a touch of 2 ( that sounds like an advert for something) .
I’m trying to think that it gives me longer to clear it, but is a year since my first smear now.
NHS is increasingly not fit for purpose.

All my love to all. People have been having an awful time. They need a cure for this bitch
Xxx

2 Likes

I was told at childbirth I may have tilted womb think it’s quite common X

25 percent of women
Yes it is, but think it can have some issues occasionally and these might be some of them

I always had “the worst” period pains and didn’t really know how to push in labour. It’s worth mentioning at my next examination. Thank Yiu X

1 Like

Hey lovely Eleanor,
It may not be scarring, just that most people are automatically given LLETZ after cin2/3. The fact he couldn’t see any abnormalities under the colposcope is a huge relief. And very positive. Enjoy your time now knowing there were no obvious changes, meaning if any changes are found, they are likely to be cured with a LLETZ. Big hugs xx

1 Like

Got my smear at Colp tomorrow…

Good luck :crossed_fingers: will be thinking of you x

1 Like

Oh no , its just one continuous worry, I’ve been having positive for 3 smears and waiting for my loop excision. I am finding this all very distressing to read of so many women still have positive hpv after treatment but I suppose as I start on my journey to be forwarded ect helps me understand and prepare. Thank you.

1 Like

They found my cervix in the end at colposcopy for my test of cure and I was told it was to one side and tilted - I practiced looking at it myself when I got home and saw it fine- I have instructions to tell my GP next time where it is :slight_smile: it looked quite chirpy

1 Like

The stats are that you will be negative
Here’s hoping …

2 Likes

HELP!
So guys for anyone following my journey:

• HPV for 13 years causing only borderline or low grade cell changes
  • CIN 2 in Feb 2021
  • Cold coagulation treatment in April 2021
  • 6 month test of cure October 2021 (at same hospital who did treatment) results: HPV+ CIN 2 again
  • Transferred to new hospital who performed another smear Dec 2021, results: HPV+ NO CELL CHANGES

Can anyone explain how it can go from CIN 2 to NO CHANGES within 2 months? I’ve been discharged to the doctor for one year and I’m really worried this second smear has missed the abnormality. The issue I have is wherever these cells are is never visible on the colposcopy - my colposcopies and biopsies are always normal but the smears previously were picking up CIN 2

1 Like

Have you asked for a second opinion?
Seems reasonable

Just to say that I was all clear from HPV
I found out a few weeks ago now
Very relieved
Hope everyone is ok
X

5 Likes

Just to update for anyone following along! I had CIN 2 smear in 2021 followed by cold coagulation in April 2021. Smear at Oct 2021 showed CIN 2 again. I have just today finally had a LLETZ (I changed hospitals so there was a delay). I now await the results and if all well, another 6 month smear in December.

2 Likes

The LLETZ results was CIN 1 so I have a follow up smear in December with my GP.