Test of Cure following Lletz x2 - How long for results?

my smear is february after having Lletz for cin2. just want it over with already and get the all clear aswell. keeping my fingers crossed for all you ladies xxx

3 Likes

Hi mine was 5 half weeks! And I had to chase them.

1 Like

I’m thinking mine is going to be longer than 5 and a half weeks. Today I received the letter my consultant dictated in clinic whilst I was putting my clothes back on. That was the 6th. The letter was typed on the 18th and posted through my letterbox today. If that’s anything to go by it could be another 3 weeks before I know anything.

My test of cure smear was 6.5 weeks ago. Got letters today - positive HPV and borderline changes again :frowning: back to colposcopy dec 3rd :frowning: I could cry :frowning:

I got my colposcopy on 14th Oct and waiting on my letter to confirm results and all going well I will go back in April for follow up smear x hope u get results soon

Just had a call from the hospital to say they received a message I was chasing results but just to advise they still aren’t back. Jesus this will be 4 weeks, never ever had it take this long.

I’m so sorry to read this, I know how heartbreaking it is. I’ve been doing loads of research and have read that Papilocare is really good at clearing up mild abnormal cells and HPV so may be worth a try. It’s currently in Phase 3 trials but can be purchased online (it’s a vaginal gel). I think the trials are testing it being used everyday with a week off during your period for 6 months. Additionally there is zinc and AHCC supplements.

Ah Blue, that’s not the news you want to hear.

That’s interesting Eleanor. I’d never heard of that. May have to look into it.

Today I received a letter from the hospital. My partner bless him brought it to me when he picked me up from work. I was shocked, saddened and dissapointed to find it was someone else’s letter that they’d cc’d to me. So looks like tomorrow I will be on the phone to PALS.

That’s awful! I’m so sorry to hear that, can’t even fathom how they could make that error :frowning:

Hello Eleanor I been using papilocare for a couple of months I did some research and it seems results are good. I am also taking Papiloxyl is AHCC . Both products recognised by European Union. Hopefully they will make a difference :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi! I think some of you I was here with last time. I had my test of cure smear a couple of weeks ago. I was incredibly thankful it only took my results five days to come back to me! Which then scared me half to death at how speedy it was. I have high grade cells and HPV again :frowning: So have another colposcopy booked for 15th November.

Sorry Raquelle. Good luck on the 15th
Keep positive if you still have abnormal cells maybe a second LLETZ will be recommended from what I been reading in this site some women need 2 treatments to make it work .take care

1 Like

How are you getting on @KultKoala ? Have you received any communication?

I’ve not had anything back about my results but I spoke to PALS yesterday and set the ball rolling with regards to them looking into why I have received someone else’s correspondence.

That’s really horrible news :frowning:

That’s really interesting
If I am still positive I will do the same. It doesn’t seem super expensive

That’s really tough. I’m sorry :frowning:

I’ve still heard nothing. Moving into 5 weeks now.

Hi everyone,
So lovely (and sad of course) to see so many familiar faces.

I have been booked in for a colposcopy for the end of November. I thought this was normal for test of cure, is it not? I haven’t had my test of cure yet.

Really hope all comes back clear for everyone. For those that it hasn’t, how do you feel about having another LLETZ?

I am still experiencing awful stabbing pains up my vagina since both LLETZ. Sometimes it makes me cry out in pain.

We will be discussing hysterectomy at my appointment too, so I really don’t want them to do LLETZ and a hysterectomy. It would make more sense to just do the hysterectomy I think? But I’m no expert so unsure. Thoughts are welcome :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Lemon lavender but if your test of cure is clear why do you need a hysterectomy just curious hope all goes well x