Terrified (children mentioned)

Good evening ladies,

I apologise in advance if I ramble (terror seems to do that to me)

I have just started treatment for stage 2/3 cervical cancer (both stages mentioned by 2 different oncologists) 

I guess I'm really hoping for some success stories from stage 3 fighters.

I have 3 children aged 1, 4 and 8 and am absolutely terrified that I won't be around for long enough to be the mum that they need/deserve.

I just want to fight this awful disease for them but I made the mistake of searching 'doctor' Google and making the fear worse.

Any reassurance would be SO much appreciated right now :) xx

Hi. I'm 2 years post treatment from stage 4a. I don't have scans anymore unless I'm showing symptoms and I'm on 6 month appointments unless I have a problem x

Hi Sherry,

I got diagnosed stage 3b end of april 2017 for a 8-10cm tumour with lymph node spread to paraaortic node and had chemoradiation and brachytherapy may/june and was declared in full remission in  mid october. They are very cautious with follow-ups with me and i have to have some more biopsies soon to check on things, but i am in complete remission. 

Its a very scary time going through all the work-up and waiting for treatment, but they try to cover everything to give you the best chance of a cure. 

Take care xx