Taking someone with me?!

hi guys, been unsure whether to post as I don’t know what is going on or anything yet. Had abnormal results & high risk HPV. So having a colposcopy tomorrow morning . I’m not taking anybody with me but on my letter it suggests that I take someone with me? Is this normal? I’ve managed to get a baby sitter but didn’t want anyone with me. 

Its probably all in my head but I’m getting pain in my groin which shoots down my left hip & leg. May be totally unrelated. 

Just wanted to know if it were normal for letters to suggest you take somebody with you? As I haven’t seen or read any posts about this?

Hi, Yes, it’s quite normal for them to suggest bringing someone to your colposcopy appointment. It’s not compulsory, but as a precaution in case you were to have any treatment, as you may not feel like driving afterwards. Or need a friend or family member for emotional suport. Everyone is different and you maybe ok (I was, but had hubby with me anyway!).

The pain may be unrelated, as abnormal cells don’t usually cause any symptons and every pain isn’t always sinister. Before I had my hysterectomy, I used to get pain going down my right leg and above my pubic bone. However, my surgery path results came back as HPV abnormal cells only!