Symptoms/Progression

Hi everyone. I came across this board while searching cervical cancer and am so grateful for it already. Here is my story…

On 10/15/13 I went for my pap and it came back negative with a positive HPV test. I was advised to come back one year later which I did. 12/9/14 I got the results stating that I had high risk HPV and they sent me for a colposcopy. At the colposcopy my doctor said it appeared as though I was either a CIN 1 or 2. From the colposcopy I was given the “diagnosis” of Dysplasia of the cervix, Low Grade CIN 1. I was again told to come back in a year. Fast forward to now. 2 weeks ago I went in for my routine pap. They of course called me to let me know that I would again be needing a colposcopy. That is scheduled for Thursday morning at 8:45. When I asked the doctor over the phone if I had progressed they compared the results from 2014 to this years. I was told yes, it had progressed. Of course I assume I am at least a CIN 2 just based on last years experience, however I know that I cannot know for certain until after my colposcopy.

About 7 months ago I started getting period like cramps that radiated to my back. These cramps are constant. I thought it was my IUD so 3 months ago I had it removed and I was placed on the pill. The cramping has not stopped, in fact it is worse. It is not debilitating in anyway, just annoying and I always feel like I am about to start my period. Over the last 2 months I have been incredibly tired, sleeping 15 hours no problem. I initially blamed this on depression but now that I am experiencing all of this I am not so sure. I often times feel sick to my stomach and either have mild constipation OR diarrhea. I also urinate frequently. Waking at least once a night (unusual for me).

I was wondering if anyone has experience any similar symptoms and after the fact realized it was indeed because of cervical cancer. I have 2 kids, ages 7 and 9 and do not plan on having anymore. Overall I have been in good health until now.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Amanda

Hi there,

I also have two kids, ages 2 and 3. I live in the states, but I can't find many active forums discussing CC. I received my first abnormal PAP less than two weeks ago (mild dysplasia and high risk HPV). I was supposed to go for my colposcopy last Tuesday, but I got my period and go tomorrow. I am extremely anxious. 

My PAP results have always been normal, and my last one was done January of 2013 when I was newly pregnant with my second child. Unfortunately, I waited almost 2 years to have a PAP. I scheduled an appointment with my gynocologist because of weird symptoms similar to yours - lower back pain, cramping, discharge, nausea, pelvic pressure, shooting pains...we will see what tomorrow brings. I wish you well!

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that my biopsy results came back mild, so I just need to go back for a PAP in a year! Although I am relieved, my doc still can't explain the symptoms I'm having, which is very frustrating. I hope you're colposcopy goes well!