Still waiting for biopsy results

Hi All…

Happy New Year to you all. I had my colposcopy and lletz treatment on the 9th December 2016. I’m still waiting for my biopsy results. I understand that with the holidays being in between it may take a bit longer. But I’m so nervous about getting them. The stress of it all has put a real dampener on my holiday spirit and is really taking it’s it’s toll on my anxiety levels and also my relationship. My partner doesn’t understand how much stress I’m under and it’s making the situation even more stressful.
Has anyone else out there been going through the same thing? I guess I just need to know that I’m not alone.

Candi x

You are most definitely not alone. And that's the wonderful thing about this forum... there is always someone who can relate to what you say and understand you.

I'm currently waiting for biopsy results. Only taken 11 days ago.... and already I hate the waiting. Every twinge I get is magnified and I think "oh shit have I got cancer has the cancer spread" the only days I can relax are Sundays and the bank holidays.... simply because I know there will be no post. However I do jump when my phone rings or gets a message alert. 

Hope you're not left waiting too much longer.Were you given a rough time frame for the results? I was told 6-8 weeks. However I think it's normal to hear back before then xx

Hi ,

happy new year to use all ! 

Ive had two examanations that detected adnormal cells, and then they took a further look with a camara and talken a biopsy. I've not been told anything about what they think it may be , and I've also got key hole surgery This month.

the whole not knowing is terrifying! I've got all symptoms leading to cervical cancer which makes me more worried. I've had bleeding and pain in sex for over two years, I've got leg and back pain and lack of energy ect. Could anyone give me any insite of what type of results to exspect, would be much help!

danielle x

Hi candiB

i had mine on 12th and am literally counting the days!! 

A letter came with an NHS stamp and my heart stopped but it was for my daughter! I just want this to be over already and sick of wearing sanitary pads

Hi hun

I know how you feel about the mail, and every time the phone rings. I've been booked off work for the past 3 weeks just from the stress of it all. I really do hope it's not to much longer now. I was told 2 to 4 weeks for mine....so it should be any day now. I just can't cope with the constant waiting. The whole process has been an utter nightmare for me. After my Lletz it took the doctor 25 minutes to stop the bleeding, 3 days later I got an infection....and just for fun they gave me the wrong antibiotics. Rushed into hospital with severe pelvic pain cause the infection had spread. They put me on new antibiotics which sorted it. A week after that I started haemorrhaging and bleeding really heavily. They put me on meds to stop the bleeding. Since having the lletz I've had nothing but problems and done nothing but pop pills. I'm so tired of it all. I just want some normality back to my life.

Sorry to ramble on. 

Candi x

morning girls,

my LLETZ was 5 weeks ago today (30th November) and i havent had results (biopsy was same time they treated straight away) i called the colposcopy unit yesterday to see if theyve had them yet to send to me and they havent even had these yet he said its the time of year 

x

Hi yes I am the same I had mine done on 13th Dec and I am still waiting for the results. its really driving me mad and has put a downer on my xmas and new year with worrying! Im hoping they will arrive this week xx