Stenosis?

Hi,

I had my Lletz a year ago now and my periods have been basically non existent, I had one 4 weeks after treatment and one in October 2020 I'm now having my third period post treatment and it's awful!

TMI warning...On Monday I had light pink discharge, Tuesday I had quite a heavy flow but by the evening it had completely stopped and I was in a lot of pain. Today I was in pain again and thought I'd try masturbate as I know orgasms can help pain...well it did help the pain but straight after I started bleeding a lot. I'm not really sure what is going on :( but I'm wondering if I have stenosis. My periods have never been like this before!

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks

Hi PurpleElephant,

I haven't experienced this but it does sound like you need to discuss it with your consultant or GP. When I had my second lletz the consultant mentioned that the cervix can sometimes completely or partial seal up and that if my period stopped following the procedure to let them know as it can be resolved. I don't know whether that could be possible in your case.

Xx

Thanks for responding ? I've been to see my GP who wasn't very helpful, she made me do a pregnancy test before she would have a look! Thankfully she is writing to the hospital so hopefully they will have more idea and fingers crossed it's fixable.