Stenosis of Cervix + cyst

Diagnosed 2b. Finished chemo and rads in 2019 and after a MRI follow up May ‘23 I was diagnosed with stenosis of the cervix and fluid accumulation in uterus. It is causing pain and I’m quite swollen. I had an ultrasound also which indicated a cyst/polyp. I’ve had a hysteroscopy under GA to get a biopsy but unfortunately it was too complicated due to stenosis and my uterus was perforated and they stopped the procedure .
Next step is to try again for a biopsy through another hysteroscopy under GA with a radiologist who will use guided imaging.
Has anyone had treatment for stenosis or had any fluid and cyst on their cervix post treatment?

1 Like

For anyone that’s reading my post I wanted to give an update on what happened.
After 2 hysteroscopies, both under GA, we have finally discovered it was neither a cyst or polyp but rather water blood retention which has been accumulating for many years thanks to the stenosis. The Oncologist evacuated everything (mostly old blood/water fluid) and even managed to repair the stenosis of the cervix. I have been bleeding alot since the operation but I think that’s a good sign. 2 months later it has finally stopped.
No more pain, less bloated and hopefully it will stay that way.
I hope this post can reassure someone going through the same situation as it caused me alot of worry.

2 Likes

@Shel

Really appreciate you coming back and updating us. So glad to hear everything worked out in the end x