Staging results tomorrow!

Thank you…yes hopefully a date soon.

So how do you feel about a trial? Im guessing you would be extremely well looked after and monitored throughout.

It turned into abit of a nightmare the scans ive had for trial are outdated so need new ones which will delay treatment for i don’t know how long and only 50% of people will get the trial chemotherapy drug the others are just control patients. So now having headache about what to do as dont want to regret decision :pleading_face:

I have been diagnosed with cervical
adenocarcinoma stage 1B in July. Had LLETZ treatment in August but a 2mm tumour was still left and there were presence of pre cancerous cells so the consultant offered radical hysterectomy. I’m 13 days post op and awaiting results for the next step. Hopefully the doctor declares I’m cancer free. Best wishes and know that we all got this :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Hi eylin
And Welcome to our group
Best wishes and hope all goes well and you are cancer free :crossed_fingers:

Liggy :heart:

Somehow we want to be given choices but its also really difficult when its so important and we have to make the decision. I had to decide between chemo and surgery and worried about my choice…i was lucky though in the end the surgeons made the decision before my thoughts were taken into account and they were the same.
Surely if you are accepted on the trial they would want (and probably) get those scans done quickly.

Have they given you a time for when they would tell you if you are accepted on the trial?? Will you know if you are in the control or study group??

I think you really need to do what you feel is best for you.

Hi eylin and welcome.

Im in a similar situation to you but a bit behind with radical hysterectomy next. I hope you are recovering well.

Can i please ask what you are now able to do at this stage of your recovery ??

Im really worried about what i will and wont be able to do !!

Hi wjg
No i have to consent to trial before they do scans again and you don’t know if you are control or study group. The nurse is calling on Tuesday to see what I’ve decided so might be able to ask her more

Liggy…Thats a really difficult one, i hope the nurse can answer your questions and help you to be clearer with the right choice for you.

The constant waiting for the next thing is really difficult but im sure you will make the right choices xxx

Yes Wendy. It is a hard one i keep tooing and throwing between what to do. Sometimes you just wish they would just tell what is going to happen and not give you any choices :smile:
See what she says on Tuesday and i may just have to make a reaction decision

Yes exactly. Try not to let it take over your every moment. Sometimes the right decision comes to you when you relax a bit.

Yes think you are right hope you get on ok on Wednesday let me know how you get on

Hi girls. Had a much more relaxing week - knowing my stage (the waiting for scan results really is the worst) once you know what you’re dealing with - it’s been half the battle. I have my appt with the consultant tomorrow to discuss treatment. I’m stage 1B so wondering if it’s likely to be a hysterectomy that’s offered? I’m happy to accept this - I don’t think another LOOP would settle my anxiety, I would constantly worry in the future and never want to go through these emotions again. It has sometimes been unbearable. Hope everyone else doing okay :heartbeat:

Hi Amaayrachel,

Im really glad you have had a better week. I am also 1b and have been told by the nurse over the phone that the decision from mdt was a radical hysterectomy. I have my consultants appointment on Weds. It sounds like we are in a very similar position although i am post menopause so that may habe an impact. Goodluck with your appointment tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi again,

Had my appointment today - decision is a radical hysterectomy as there is a chance with it being adenocarcinoma that it can microscopably spread to the surrounding areas including ovaries. Really drastic as there is a chance it has not spread - so removal will be all based on risk, which is 5-10%. I’m only 32 and some of the side effects sounded horrible, but I’ve made the decision that I would rather anything - than to leave my kids with no mother by running the risk of leaving cancer behind - that hasn’t presented itself yet. Not looking forward to sudden surgery induced menopause :cry::mending_heart:

1 Like

Hi Wendy

Just thought I’d let you know I’ve decided to go on the trial as they said they are going to rush the scans through so i can start treatment ASAP

1 Like

Hi amaayrachel,

It must be really difficult but at least you now have your plan and know where you are going. I obviously dont know much about surgery induced menopause but i have actually been through the menopause with pretty much all the symptoms on the list. It did floor me for a while but this all changed when i pulled up my big girls pants and decided to sort it out with hrt. This was a complete game changer for me and made me completely back to normal with no symptoms. So please dont be afraid of hrt it really can make a big difference.

1 Like

Liggy

I was thinking about you yesterday. Im so pleased that your new scans are being sorted. I hope you feel better now that the decisions have been made and you are on your way to getting your treatment sorted.

Please keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on xxx

1 Like

I think the scariest part is due to having my ovaries removed - I will have NO natural hormones (which women who go through menepause naturally still realease) and will go into a sudden surgery induced menopause - which will include symptoms such a memory loss and the fact I will have to have hormone replacement for the foreseeable which is an awful thought at 32, plus they said THIS puts me at a higher risk of breast cancer…. FFS! :cry:

they have said I can chose to keep my ovaries if I wish - HOWEVER that will mean I may not be cured, cancer that has been undetected may still remain that would present itself in time and by this stage could have metastases to other main organs such as my lungs, liver and brain. This is such a massive decision to make but I feel I would much rather deal with the consequence and side effects of the radical hysterectomy rather than run the risk of being in a much worse position, with advanced cancer and no cure that I chose to chance - and not being around to see my kids grow up. :crossed_fingers:t3::white_heart:

Yes i feel better now I’ve decided. Will find out next week if I’m taking new treatment or am the control

Hi ladies.

I had my appointment with the consultant yesterday. It was pretty much as i had thought. A radical hysterectomy with lymph node removal. I bombarded them with questions although to be honest i was quite well informed with all the information ive learnt on this forum. It is all really scarey though when they go through all the risks and what could happen. I will just have to pull up my big girls pants and be brave as we all have to. Anyway i was given a date of 14th november and went straight to all the pre op checks which was good. It seems im all set now but i dont think there will be much dancing this christmas!!

2 Likes