Staging questions !?

Hi, 

Having had my diagnosis from the biopsy results, the consultant couldnt give me any indication of staging, other than that it was not micro invasive (1A), I did have a clearly visible growth cervix. 

He said there was something not involved - I'm confused as to whether he meant parametrium or lymph involvement? I'm having MRI and chest x ray and booked to see the oncologist - but wondered what they can tell from the biopsy results exactly ? 

I'm squamous cell if that makes any difference. I have two swollen lymph nodes, right arm pit and right neck, so a little concerned... and can't remember what he said ! 

Thanks x

Hi, 

base on my experience they cannot really tell u the correct stage untill they are finish with all the test. on my biopsy they said its tiny,when i had my MRI they said its 1B then when i had my EUA oncology said its 2B so honestly better  to wait after they finish all the test, hope all ok X

Hi,

Thanks for replying. That must of been a bit disappointing for you. Can I ask if you had any symptoms prior to diagnosis? I'm seeing the oncologist tomorrow so hopefully have more information x 

I was told I was a 1b1 and then staging revealed I am a 2b Girl! it could been lvsi wasn’t present they can tell that from a detailed biopsy. A chest X-ray and mri will confirm what they know but give more details, I had lvsi and I was sent for a pet scan within 4 days of my diagnosis! Charlene xx