Spot on lung

Hi all,

Ive updated my profile so i dont need to explain my story again :see_no_evil: Due my radical hysterectomy but keeping ovaries on the 16th feb. I got a letter out of the blue today from my hospital to say ive been booked in for a CT scan (thorax) on the 25th March. Straight away i thought the worst. I rang my hospital team and spoke with one of the nurses i hadnt dealt with before. I asked her what is was all about and she said they seen a small spot/dot on my lung on my PET scan results and that this should have been mentioned at my consultant meeting. She said the team deemed it indetermined as it was very small and scheduled a follow up for 3 months later. Has this happened to anyone else? Im so worried that the cancer is in my lung and how could it go from being contained in the cervix to in my lung. Ive literally been up the walls with anxiety over the surgery and trying to prepare for that only to get this bloody appointment letter today with no explanation. Feels like im back to square one :sleepy:

@Sarah1987 try and stay focussed on prepping for your surgery. The team dont k ow what the spot on your lung is at this point. It could be an infection :confused:… CT may not show anything suspicious in March.
Remember- one day at a time.
Take care

Thank you @Abi2 thats exactly what im trying to do. Just very frustrating that they decided to not tell me this when discussing my scans. Xx

1 Like