So scared, please read :(

Hi all thanks for reading. Not sure where to start but basically im 25 just had my first smear and have low grade dyskarosis and positive hpv. Im so scared and confused. I have my colposcopy on Wednesday but I’m so anxious just want to know peoples thoughts. A bit of background info...

this is purely to paint the picture, not to be commented on but due to an unfortunate event i contracted chylamidia and suffered a bout of herpes about a year ago. This ruined my life at the time and I suffered with anxiety and kept going to get retested after this was sorted even though I’ve not had sex since this. Now I have Hpv? How is this possible without having sex since? Does this mean I have warts too? I don’t understand and there is nothing visible. Also when this happened, anal sec occurred (sorry to be crude) so does this cause other infection too? 

Ive also recently just started seeing someone, I could do with not mentioning this but do I have to? Or will it go when I go for my colposcopy? We haven’t had sex yet but things were going the right way. If I have to disclose this I don’t think I could cope, I’d rather walk away. 

ive Also suffered from lower left abdominal pain for a long time now that the doctors have never found reason for despite lots of testing. could this be related? 

As for the abnormal cells, I’ve read these are caused by the hpv? So once they go will I be okay from then? Or am I stuck like this forever? 

Sorry for the scrambled post, I’m just so confused and don’t know how worried to be! 

Hey! 

Sorry to hear you’ve been going through a difficult time. I’ll try to answer your questions as best as I can! 

I also have HPV - which I wasn’t sure how I contracted because I am a lesbian (I thought you had to have penetration intercourse with a male to contract it) but it turns out you can get it from any skin-to-skin contact. Some people are more susceptible to it - especially if you arent immunised for it. It tends to not effect males & only effects females (by causing cell changes in the cervix). But it is something you should tell your partner about, but before you do that, book in to see your GP to get better advice on what it is & if you need to warn partners. 

HPV 18 is (predominantly) the only HPV strain that causes warts. I have HPV 16 and a few other high-risk strains & I’ve never had warts. HPV doesnt cause any symptoms alike other sexually transmitted diseases. also, They may be able to treat your HPV if it doesn’t go away. 

The pain you have in your abdo could definitely be related. I had pain in my left lower side also and Ive Heard other people have had that symptom as well. 

Try to positivily and mindfully distract yourself while waiting for your results from the colposcop, as you’ll know more then :-) the changes in your cervix are most definitely caused by HPV and In some cases they can remove the cell changes. But you’ll need To wait to see what the oncologist recommends 

good luck xx

Thanks for responding! Sorry to hear you’ve had a bad time too. The pain isn’t excruciating but it’s dull and constant and makes me feel bloated and sluggish. Does that sound familiar? Also are the symptoms likely to go if the cells are treated? Or is that the hpv? And do they give you treatment for the hpv? 

Sorty for all the questions my minds minds going crazy! Just want answers and this pain to go so I can get back to feeling myself! Three more days to go. I’ve never known a week to go so slow! Dont know how the girls on here that have had to wait weeks and weeks cope! Thanks again x